My ex partner acting very strange

Posted , 4 users are following.

My ex partner is convinced when he was in prison he had a bug put in his touth, he says hes bein followed and people are trying to set him up, he talkes to himself and wont say any names or locations. He takes heroin to try and block it out which it does slightly, he calls all the girls close to him stacy! He is not the person he used to be. In prison he hung himself but found in time and when asked why did he do it he says he was bullied to. He says the telly talks to him and he stears at walls, im really worried about him as i knw he is not the same person as before and when i take him to mental health they wont see him as they say hes testing positive for heroin and its the drugs makin him like it when i know this isnt the case. I dont know how to get him help.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Sorry Pet

    He needs drying out and then will need treatment to get back to normality.

    If He is addicted He will be needing some intensive treatment to bring him back

    Ca you take Him to a drying out clinic, whatever they call it in your part of the world


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    If you're based in UK, get in touch with your local community mental health team and ask them to carry out an assessment. From what you describe, your ex-partner experiences a psychotic episode. This condition has to be treated, ideally in a mental hospital. From my experience, it is unlikely that he consents to treatment and the mental health practitioner responsible for his case will have to make an application for sectioning your ex under Section II of the Mental Health Act.

    Now, psychosis is a symptom, not a disease. Similarly, to fever, it may indicate numerous conditions. Some of them are less serious (e.g. alcohol withdrawal), others can be very serious (e.g. schizophrenia or bipolar disorder). This is why your ex should be seen by a consultant and properly diagnosed as soon as possible.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hes been seen and they cant take him into b sectioned as he fails a drugs test and they put it down to that, also he doesnt tell them anything as he things they r all plotting against him, he is going to end up dead if he aint sectioned and treated, we have done everything we can for the last year but nobody is interested in wat i tell them as he wont tell them aboute it
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Well, I understand that working with the community mental health teams can be difficult. However, failing a drug test cannot be the reason for not sectioning someone who is clearly psychotic. If this is the case, you could identify the nearest relative of your partner (in the strict meaning of the Mental Health Act) and ask this person to make an application for sectioning instead of the social worker. By doing this the nearest relative would make sure that your ex would be seen by at least two medical doctors (it would be up to them whether the section goes ahead).
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up