My experience

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I'm Michelle, 26 years old.

I have bartholin cyst now for the 5th time. I got operation for the fist two and the last two it burst by its own.What happened last two time was the cyst wasn't inffected so it doesn't hurt just a little uncomfortable,last time I did sitz baht and I took Danzen(anti-imflamation) and apparently it worked out. Now I have it again, I started feeling the pain on the 26th last month and I start taking Danzen right away. Since then I didnt feel any pain but it get big a little bit..but now I started feeling pain and uncomfortable to walk but sitting is fine just walking. I don't know what else I will do. If I'm going to stop the medication and let it big so it can burst out? Coz i dont know if its infected or not since Im taking medication.Please help..I dont know what to do. Idont want to go operation again..

Cheers x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to go the doctors! It's a reoccurring issue and they need to intervine. I'm 28 now but started getting these cysts back when I was 19, for 18 months I had one every month - no doctor could tell me why, no one gave me a name. And then suddenly they just stopped. Now here I am 8 years later and I'm experiencing another one. I have had it for 2 days, on antibotics that aren't workinv & have another dr appointment to review it. I will be going to the hospital today regardless, as its reoccurring, I'll be asking for the gland to be removed. There are other options aswell other than removing the gland but you definitely need to seek doctors help!
    • Posted

Hi sarah42169, the bartholin cyst pain is unexplainable. By the way, my cysts burst yesterday aroung noon time. I was taking danzen and 3-4 times sitz bath everyday and eating healthy foods. As what I said it was never hurt since I felt it (Feb 26) and I only felt medium pain when I'm walking or going to stand,but sitting down wasn't a problem. When I was writing a post here I was concerend on how long would it be last, and fortunately! Thanks God! It burst out yesterday. Im still doing the same thing which is taking danzen and sitz bath and chamomile hot compres until the end of this month. Its me cyst is totaly flat now. I heard about glands removal, and I read that there is no 100% that there is no reoccurance, just like one woman is other forum said that she removed her bartholin gland because it keeps coming back but after that I don't know how long, she said there the felt pain and a lump in the same area, so I don't know if I'm going to do the same thing. Actually for me, I recalled all the possible reasons in every reoccurance so the I know how to prevent it, and I think healthy diet is one of my focus since I'm not very good at, hopefully it won't come back anymore. Hope to hear from u again.

Cheers xx

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply. I did end up in hospital & ended up being admitted and put in to surgery yesterday morning to do the marsupialplisation. Is this that what you had done when you said you had an operation? A couple of people at the hospital said it could be from shaving. So I'm wondering if I use hair removal creme over shaving with a razor might help! Or a disposable razor each time I shave to eliminate the chance but I can't say that is for certain of what caused it because I've been shaving for years and never had it re occur till now. But honestly if yours comes back, see a doctor. If you haven't had the marsupelplisation done, you'll want to. I'm in a little bit of discomfort now but nothing compared to the pain I was in.
    • Posted

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you ended up having an operation. I had the same as well. 2 times when I had my cyst the first two times. The very first time I had it was infected, so it was very painful, I had operation for the first time in my life, I went through general anethisia and it was bloody bloody painful! and I hated my doctor, she was just very unemotional! She doesn't have emotion at all!but now I can tell that she knows what she's doing. And it took 2 years before it came back. 2nd time reason was my diet was really really poor(I dont eat veges) and so their is no nutrients in my body. So it came back again for the 2nd time. Since that I don't like my first doctor I got another doctor. So I got another operation with another doctor. This time I choosed to be asleep. I was relieved. But! 2 and a half mons, it reoccured again! I felt furious and mad and frustrated that I just hated myself and asking what's wrong with my body!! Oh Lord! I was so mad. But the thing is it wasn't infected. So my boyfriend told me that maybe it wasn't drained very good. So I got another doctor again. And I told my doctor about my history and he told me to iether drain it (AGAIN!!) Or remove it, by that time I just left without answering him. So I researched about this removal thing and apparently it is not a 100% that there will be no reoccurance because as what I said there was a woman said she got it removed but it came back again on the same place. So I decided I will not go through with that. I went to my first doctor which I don't liked and I told her my history. She told me that the operation was not good because it wasn't drained very good! Ggggrrrr! I was so frustrated! And cursed that doctor who operated me last time! But I waited and challenge my cyst! Hehehe! I was desperate that I am going to win in this time! I took medication, ate healthy, and I did remedies and THANKS GOD! it burst on its own for the first time. So when it came back that's all I did, self medication and remedies and healthy foods and it worked! Hopefully it will not come back anymore!

Hope your doing well and hope to hear from you again love xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.