My experience

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. I’m happy to see all your posts, I was looking for some advice. Apologies for gramma errors, English isn’t my native language. I’m 58 diagnosed with diverticulosis, seen in colonoscopy, not big changes. This year I had 4-5 flares. Shivers, fever first day, pain 7-14 days, painful cramps. Sharing some tips and happy to see your comments.

1- IF fasting. I started Intermittent Fasting a few months ago. Last meal at 6 PM first 10-11 AM. It gives time guts to heal and clean. First tea morning is camomile.

2. Before meals I eat Psyllium Hust tablets from H &B

3. During flares and up to month after I’m taking DEBUTIR please google. This is a Polish drug containing butric acid. Healing guts. Probably there are some equivalents in the UK but that one works for me.

4. Physical activity - Pilates , joga, cycling.

5. So far I avoid antibiotics because it destroys gut bacteria. During pain treatment I’m taking Berberine 500 mg x 2 per day

5 eating a lot of vegetables, fermented food, kombucha, yogurt. Im trying to eat slow, bring food to liquid consistency in the mouth.

6. Learning what activate flare - spicy food, too much garlic, too much brassica plants in one meal, red vine 😥. seeds are ok

2 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.