My experience so far with alopecia

Posted , 8 users are following.

I noticed my hair was thinner in a certain patch on my head of march this year . So I been to the doctor about 4/5 times. I've resently had a blood test done the revealed that I was very low on b12 i just had my 5 b12 injections . Before this never started I was happy marriage man I got a beautiful wife and 2 beautiful children and they give me all the support I need but unfortunately this has change my life I've lost my confidence I don't go out any more because I feel embarrassed of what people think of me I am not the person I was six months ago I wear a hat seven days a week now because I feel my kids might be frightened of it I don't know what to do anymore I feel really emotional people keep saying don't worry about it I'll can I not worry about it so if there's anyone out there who is going through what I'm going through please reply to me with some advice thank you very much for taking five minutes out your time to read it thank you

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Henry, if I were you I would take control and shave my head. Plenty of guys I know rock the shaved head. About your kids, I used to wear my wig in the middle of the night to feed my daughter because I didn't want to scare her. By the time I had my son I no longer worried about it. Your kids love you for you, not your hair. Set a good example for them at how you can handle this in a confident manner, one day they may need to deal with something as well.

• Posted

As a male with Alopecia,i did shave my hair,but it looked awlful,looking like a globe of the world.It grew back ,but not exactly how i wanted it and now i wear a beenie hat whenever i can.If you haven`t seen a dermotologist yet i would say get your doctor to send you ,as mine hasn`t got worse and has got better since getting treated by one.Once people at work know you have alopecia they tend to be very understanding and know friends with the condition.Whatever you do ,then good luck!
    • Posted

I will see my doctor again and asking to send me to one thank you very much
  • Posted

Can I ask how low your b12 was?

I have low Ferritin and low Folate and my hair is getting thinner around the sides and breaking easy.

My friends partner was had low b12 and had bald patches a few years ago, he had b12 injections but now his hair is all back to normal.

• Posted

I was just told I have the MTHFR mutation and it has to do with B12. Wonder if we all have this and it's part of why we have Alopecia?

• Posted

Alopecia can reduce our confidence and this is very much true to some extent. However, Alopecia can be cured with proper treatment and you can also go for a treatment rather than damn yourself. Don't worry everything will be fine. Only do one thing visit your near by hair restoration expert to get a feasible solution for baldness.

• Posted

I started taking the supplement protandim 2 months ago and the alopecia beardae I have on my face is reducing...dark hairs appearing in the patches!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.