My experience with amino

Posted , 4 users are following.

I developed mononucleosis this past summer (June 2018) it started with a day i started to feel faint weak. I at the time was a very happy teenager. I thought this mono was gone after November 2018 when i felt great and started to exercise again. Come now to March 2019 I have been diagnosed with CHRONIC MONO because the mono is still active in my blood. This disease has caused horrible symptoms from horrible anxiety to horrible depression and another weird sympton is i feel like i am not even here i cant sleep and i am fed up with this. Does anyone know if this anxiety and depression is causes by the mono (never never had anxiety like this or depression)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yea definitely. anxiety, feeling unreal, depressed, brain fog. I was the least worrisome person before. its direct effect of the virus, not just consequence of feeling bad.

• Posted

Hi G24686,

So sorry to hear about this awful time that you've been going through with mono, I do empathise having went through a tough time with the virus myself many years ago. I just want to offer some encouragement and reassurance this things can and do get better as time goes on. For me it took 10 months for me to really see a major breakthrough in my recovery, and it still took some time for me to get back to full health again, praise and thanks to God only as I know I couldn't have recovered myself in any way. My experience was that Year 2 was SO much better than the horrors of Year 1, so please hang in there G there is hope and I believe God is the great healer.

Most definitely anxiety and depression and VERY common with mono. The longevity and intensity of the virus is so hard to cope with mentally, it really is awful. I do hope that you have some caring family / friends that are being supportive at this time - if you can it's so important to talk to someone you trust about how you're feeling - be it a family member, friend, doctor, minister or someone else you trust - just to be able to talk and have some listen and be there made such a difference to me during recovery, I was so lucky to have good family, friends and employers who were all extremely supportive and patient with me.

Taking vitamins and herbs helped me a lot during recovery, a good strong multi-vitamin per day (I take Immunace Extra here in the UK), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B100 complex vitamin per day (GREAT for nervous system and energy levels) and immune boosting herbs like echinacea, siberian ginseng and cayenne pepper. But of course I'm no expert in these things, this is just from my own experience, it's always sensible to check for any interactions with other conditions / medications and seeking the right advice before starting on any new herbs / vitamins.

I just hope and pray that things improve for you and that the mono levels in your tests can reduce over the coming period - remember it can be very normal to take some time to recover from this thing and then go on to make a full recovery. These kind of relapses can happen during recovery and it may be that you are just having a relapse at the moment, but hang in there because there IS hope and things DO get better from this thing - that's coming from someone who struggled too and felt so low and down and discouraged after many months of struggling with it.

Thinking about you and remember God is the great healer - I believe He is going to heal you and pull you through this awful virus and time in your life and that healthier, happier times are ahead for you as a young person - hang in there. The forum here is a really good one, lots of people of all ages who understand what it's like to go through this virus and take time to offer encouragement, help and good advice. Hoping for a better period ahead and just take it one day at a time is all you can do - getting through each day with this thing is a real achievement for sure. You WILL get through this and get better - I truly believe that, given my own recovery experience and reading the recovery stories of many other people who struggled for some time with this but went on to get back to full and complete health again (thanks to God).

Craig

• Posted

Thank you for this post. It really made me feel a lot better.

• Posted

You're welcome, I just remember how tough I found this virus to get through and how low it brought me too - just grateful for God's mercy and for helping me through, it was only down to Him I was able to get by it in any way.

Hang in there, this is a horrible virus but there is hope and things do improve and get better with time - hoping and praying that for you, and remember you can message any time here it's a really good forum - do keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.