My Experience with Gout first time...

Posted , 3 users are following.

There was continuous pain on my toe and I just ignored it I thought maybe I hurt myself, but the pain would not subside, was taking some pain killers previously this pain would subside within few days, but this was a different pain, it was numbing everywhere on right feet, and as if needles where pricking me, but still I would still drink ignoring as if this would soothe me to sleep. But one day I woke up and the pain was unbearable and  I was sweating profusely and I had tears in my eyes, I rushed to a hospital they gave me injection and took and x-ray, but they did not find any kind of damage. But this pain continued and any medication would not work, then took sugar test it was normal, then they asked me to take a test for uric acid, there it was it was high, then I decided to change my diet and stopped alcohol immediately, as many of you know sleeping at night is impossible, then I researched should I go for allopathic medicine or not, but many of you had posted it was a short remedy and gout would come back, but u know my sleep was getting affected as I could not move any of my toe fingers , so I decided to go for alternative remedy, some herbal guy asked me to drink a mixture of 3 spoons of alo vera juice mixed with 2 spoons amla jucie mix with water both in the morning and even in the evening and 2 spoons of giloy juice mix with water morning and evening, currently on pure veg diet, after a week now my fingers are moving and at night I am able to sleep, the pain is receding, yes stopped drinking alcohol… I am just taking some small steps… hope I get a long time relief… but believe many of us don’t how much you have suffered, now I understand…       

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes it hurts like ***** don't it.

But didn't the doctors want to give you colchicine and then allopurinol?

And - look into celery seed - or even just whole celery!  IT WORKS, maybe better than allopurinol.

Alcohol as such isn't all that bad but *beer* is awful, full of purines.  Study the diet and follow it. 

Now that you understand why!

• Posted

It is horrible not to be able to sleep.  I am so glad you are getting some relief.  They done at least two good studies of celery seed extract for gout and have gotten very promising results.  The pilot study showed that pain from gout was decreased on average per cent.  They then did an expanded study with 75 people and the rate of improvement even went up.  

My pain was nowhere near as bad as yours but there were days that I couldn't bear weight on my foot.  It kept recurring every month or so.  Then I went on celery seed extract (standardized at 85 % BnP), 75 mg.twice a day.  I haven't had an attack since.  The "3nB" refers to the compound in celery that is effective in treating gout.  The extract works best, at 85% enB and at 75 mg. two times a day.  (At least that is what my reading showed and it is working for me).. Good Luck!

• Posted

I have to proof read more!  The studies showed that the pain went down 68 per cent.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply... Just ordered celery extract capsules.... ted and jx wll follow and take them... Will update how this irritating pain goes away... Just want to appreciate your help to update me... Thanks a lot!!!... Any oil to be used at the effected area?
    • Posted

Raj, I'm not aware of any topicals to put on the skin, the real problem is just too far down.

In cold weather I find it helps a little to keep an affected foot in a thick, warm sock, but that's about it.

• Posted

That's great.  I hope you see the same results from the celery seed extract that I did.  (It should be 85 % 3Nb.  I take 75 mg. twice a day.  Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.