My experience with hydrocele surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello guys,

I am 32 now , 33 in July. I had hydrocele for 3 years, and I postponed the operation too long because of fear from surgery and the pandemic. Еven from October 2021 to April 2022 I drained the hydrocele 3 times myself, which the doctor said could be a big mistake, because after each drainage new adhesions of veins occur and then the operation is more difficult. My general rule in life is always confront my fears and this time it was the right thing to do again.

So I had surgery before 2 days on 05.04.2022. I will try to describe everything I learned. They want me in hospital at 9 am in the morning, then take me blood and urine, after that i went to EKG test and they put me in my room around 11 am to waiting for the surgery. Around 14:30 the surgery start, they put me abocath, and some gas, and i had general anesthesia. I forgot to say that my hydrocele was around 400ml of left testis . After 1 hour, I wake up as nothing happen.I had drainage installed. Pain was 1/10 to 2/10 only for 1-2 hours, after that no pain , around 18:00 I started walking slightly outstretched and with small steps, when I walked there was no pain at all, I made around 1000 steps this day, I was able to do more, but I was careful not to overdo it. They give me one bag with sand around 1kg to put on the testis for compress. I had to put this when I want and for every 1 hour on, 1 hour off. I made this only several times for 2-3 hours a day. Until 22:00 They put me around 3 banks x500ml of NaCl and some antibiotics and I drank water and realized that I did not urinate, which can be a big problem. I tried very hard but I was not able, I was like stuck. Until a very experienced nurse showed up and gave me an injection of a drug that relaxes muscles.after 30min I tried it again very hard and this time I succeeded.

Next day only have pain 1/10 when I stand up from bed, after that I can walk without any pain, maiby there is some pain if you stay still on one place. I made around 5000 steps

Today 07.04.22 around 9am the doctor said that everything looks good, he removed the drainage and squeezed the ball to get the rest of the content, no pain at all,the biggest pain during all process was before removing the drainage he put iodine to clean the area that burned me very badly 7/10 for about 10 minutes, then again without pain . The doctor said that everything looks good. Around 10 am I was discharged from the hospital I have to take antibiotics for another 5 days, I made another 5000steps and sleep for 4 hours during the day.

Now my left ball looks 1/3 the size before surgery and my doctor said it will reach almost normal size in about 3 to 6 months.

My advice is just do it! It will improve your self-esteem and you will not feel discomfort.

Stay well and Keep Moving Forward,

Ivan

2 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.