My experience with mirtazapine 45 mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I would like to share my experience with 45 mg mirtazapine. my initial dosage was 15 mg, followed by 30 mg for a month then followed by 45 mg. I have been taking 45 mg for a month. I was prescribe for my depression due to insomnia. 

I am taking it to help me withdrawing from diazepam and cope with my depression. 

I was too skinny but I like the bones showed on my body. I was 168 cm, 49 kg. After 2 months of mirtazapine I am 56 kg. To be honest, I hate the fact that I worked so hard and still gaining weight. I changed my diet because I don't want to be fat.

I am going gluten free, no crips, no process, watch my fruits intake, eat hot chilli, no alcohol, eat whole foods and I increase my yoga routine to 55 mins everyday. AND I STILL GAIN WEIGHT. but I guess not as much as other people .

I dunno how long I am going to take this medicine. At this moment I cannot live without it. 

My suggestion is if this medicine helps, please take it. But you HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY YOU EAT AND EXERCISE. Otherwise, you will be depress because of the weight gain.

If you are overweight before taking the medicine, you might want to think twice before taking this medicine.

If you are happy with ur weight, you might need to work extra hard to maintain your weight.

If you are underweight, you are lucky, this is perfect for you.  

Good luck! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How much diazepam were you on and how did you taper ?

This drug is about as bad to come off as diazepam. I am tapering off it atm. Still on 10mg of diazepam daily.

• Posted

I was on lorazoperm 1 mg (for 2 years), which is equal to 10 mg diazepam. Both give the same effect, i think one of the main different is that lorazoperm has rapid onset compare to diazoperm. 

Dr. prescribed 10 mg diazepam. I had vivid nightmare, I hate it. So i took 5 mg the next day. I did not have withdrawn symptom from 10 mg to 5 mg. I have 5 mg for a month.

Then tried to go down to 2.5 mg, i had cold turkey, severe withdrawn symptom, I had insomnia, sducidal thought and etc. that was when Dr. prescribed me 15 mg mirtazoperm to help me with withdrawing period. So I was back to 5 mg diazepam + 15 mg mirtazoperm. And Dr. gave me the following diazepam withdrawing plan: 

5 mg diazoperm + 15 mg mirtazoperm for 2 weeks 

2.5 mg diazepam + 30 mg mirtazoperm for 2 weeks

2 mg diazepam + 30 mg mirtazoperm for 2 weeks

1 mg diazoperm + 45 mg mirtazoperm for 2 weeks

zero diazoperm + 45 mg mirtazoperm for as long as I think i need.  

The mirtazoperm helps me. I think is better if you talk to your dr. You might not need other medication. I hope this help. good luck ! 

My dr. told me that withdrawing from 10 mg diazoperm is not difficult, is just that I had a bad withdrawn symptom, so I wasn't confident. 

• Posted

Hi I am currently trying to get off mirtazapine please be careful when you do come off it as the withdrawal symptoms are horrible taper very very slowly I hope you feel better soon 
    • Posted

Because it was making me feel worse and every time I’ve tried to come off it the doctors told me my symptoms were because I needed to increase the dose but the withdrawals of mirtazapine are far worse than going on it which the doctors don’t seem to recognise so I’m preserving but it’s very hard 
  • Posted

Same I gained weight and was prescribed it for the same reason as you I couldn’t sleep which was making have anxiety I was taking 15mg at night then got diagnosed with fibromyalgia so my doctor wanted me to come of to start milnacipran oh my god the withdrawals were horrendous went cold turkey straight of them lasted 9 days started taking the milnacipran which does not agree with me so now taking half of my 15mg at night still helps me sleep I’m on Herbalife and was on it before I started it got down to 55 kilos now back up to 65 kilos I’m smashing my Herbalife but didn’t notice the weight coming of while I didn’t take it for 9 days the nurse while I was in hospital having a operation told me the less you take the better it works I was taking 30mg then went down to 15mg she was right it worked better I slept better and the weight gain wasn’t so bad so I’ll stick to 7.5mg just to keep away the symptoms of the withdrawals the worst 9 days of my life no word of a lie I honestly thought I was going to die tried the new drug hated it so now just on strong pain medication and mertazapine which is helping me cope I’ve just ordered hemp oil to see if that will help with my pain then if the pain killers which the withdrawals of that aren’t going to be pretty lol but I’ll be happier to be of them the weight gain sucks because if it works then you have no choice but to take it thank you for your info hope you weight gain reduces with all your hard work sending my best wishes thank you again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.