My experience with Panafcortelone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I developed an autoimmune version of Thrombocytopania a year ago and was on steroid meds (Panafcoretlone) for around ten months.  My dose was quite small, 5 mg a day and while I was on it I got shortness of breath, etc. during the day.  I've now been off it for the past three months, however the shortness of breath didn't ease up, and I now have awful trouble sleeping.  I am exhausted, yet just as I'm starting to drift off, my breathing gets shallow and I wake up feeling as if I'm suffocating!  I now have to sleep sitting up propped in a corner against the wall, and my quality of life has really taken a huge dive.  I'm a preschool teacher, and at age 55 it's extremely difficult for me on so little sleep to cope.  I'd never, EVER take that medication again.  And I don't know when, if ever, the side effect will wear off.  

Has anybody else had that experience with the drug?  Do you know if the shortness of breath ever eases up?

Minamii

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi

i have a question, have you been tested for sleep apnea? i have it, and been on a cpap, and yrs later, now i have oxygen added to it, but after they had exausted every other test, yrs ago i was tested, and i had it pretty bad. if your ins will let you , look up a good respatory Dr. thats my 2 cents worth.

• Posted

Thanks David.  A lot's happened since I posted that comment.  I went to the doctor yesterday and found out that the problem was actually caused by asthma!  Which I've never had before, so  I didn't recognize the symptoms.  I was given a puffer and had the first good night's sleep I've had in a while.  So I'm glad I checked it out with my doctor.  

Minamii

• Posted

I'm glad you got some relief, i don't want to scare you, i lost my first wife for what her dr said was asthma, (she was only 42), and after we changed Drs,, a few yrs later found out she had a heart virus, since then i did alot of research, found that a lot of heart problems are miss dignosed sometimes for yrs, as asthma. the heart virus can come in somehow when you have a weak immune system, and it slowly attacks the heart muscle, they do periodic heart function test to see if you are loosing percentage of heart function. I had not heard of it till she was diagnosed. but found on internet search it was more common than I thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.