My expreince 5 days from Hemorrhoid Surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have a pretty unlucky situation, I discovered that I had Hemorrhoids three years ago and went to see a doctor .

He said that the area is minimally swollen and that it was nothing to worry about.

At the time it was a minor discomfort during bowl movement.

Fast forward to now it devopled into external Hemorrhoids that brought moderate but uncomfortable pain.

I went to a different doctor this time and wasn't surprised when he said that surgery was required.

I did it on the same day.

It took 30 minutes.

And for the 8 hours after surgery I was feeling normal with no pain at all.

At the ninth hour all hell broke loose.

(No pun intended)

I had built-up gas which I couldn't release due to the medical plug down there.

I was screaming until the doctor came to remove it.

I then went into the bathroom to release all the gas and hopefully poop with no avail.

I just sat there at the toilet suffering and conteplemting my fate that brought me to this point.

I took a shower in the hospital in an attempt to feel better .

I went home in my parent's car sitting in the front seat like a pent up duck.

As soon as I got home I kept screaming and crying from the pain.

Even though I had the reputation of the insensitive prick in my family.

A sitz bath made me feel a bit better but I was still screaming both from the abdominal pain and the pain from where they did the surgery.

I couldn't sleep that night.

It was like this :

2 hours of pain> 5 minutes sleep due to exhaustion>> repeat.

Next day I was still in pain even after taking all my meds.

I'm also a smoker, tho not a heavy one.

And as my doctor warned me from smoking effect on the surgery's success , here began the withdrawal symptoms.

Mirgaine headache, abdominal pain and wounds pain.

I was in hell shaking Hades's hand.

Couldn't eat too as I was bloated and I was starving as hell as I hadn't eaten anything since the day before the surgery.

Pills and empty stomach made me vomit uncontrollably on the third day.

Fourth day the pain was better now but the withdrawal from smoking symptoms were killing me.

Also started eating apples and other fruits.

I could sleep after taking my pain meds but I knew I would wake up to have a BM which meant day 1 pain all over again.

Day five which is now.

Only pain spasms at times and at bowl movements.

Pain meds help with the headache and only occasional abdominal pain.

I'll update this thread with any further improvements.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.