My eye hurts since one week

Posted , 3 users are following.

It is since one week that my left eye is hurting (the sensation is similar to when you have a foreign body in the eye). It started to hurt after I went to the gym and initially I thought is was just because I was tired. Only last Sunday I noticed a spot next to the pupil. I went to the farmacy and I got eye drops (for itchy eyes) but I feel I am getting worse, sometimes I feel the pain in sharper, like if it is coming from inside the eye and not from the surface like in the start. Shall I go to the hospital? There are no eye doctors in my town

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

can you return to the pharmacy ?

it is hard to know what to suggest without seeing your eye, but a pharmacist might be able to advise what you should do next, given that the drops didn't clear up the pain.

hope it gets better soon

• Posted

Hi

thanks for the answer. Attacehd there is a pic of my eye today.

• Posted

Are there no Opticians nearby? They would be able to examine your eye and see if you need to be referred to the hospital.
    • Posted

Hi Rose

I will go to the optician after work. Hopefully I will figure out what it is

• Posted

When I first read your post, I thought it sounded like dry eye syndrome.  It is still possible that that is what is wrong.  Your reaction to the Pharmacist's drops sounds rather like an allergic reaction.  It would probably be better to go and see your GP and if he thinks there is nothing wrong, ask him if he can give you a prescription for some preservative free lubricating eye drops, those ought to be more soothing.  A lot of people are sensitive to preservatives in eye drops.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.