My eye is twitching uncontrollably.

Posted , 2 users are following.

A couple weeks ago, I was playing volleyball and I was hit squarely in the eye by one. The day after, my left eye began twitching uncontrollably in random intervals throughout the day, but it mostly occurs in the evening and happens after I blink. I've never had eye spasms before that incident, so I think my eye twitching and being hit are correlated. Should I be worried?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Because you were hit "squarely in the eye" when playing volleyball, if you haven't already done so I would encourage you to have your eye checked by a doctor (preferably an ophthalmologist) just to be on the safe side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.