My eyes and temples feel strained

Posted , 5 users are following.

I used to be my laptop for hours without taking many breaks. I noticed my eyes would feel strained. when I bend over for a short period of time or when I look up, my temples and the back of my eyes are sensitive to the pressure. the eye doctor said I have dry eyes so I take refresh optive to help. I did took a month break from my laptop and I noticed my head felt better and no straining. but I had to get back on my computer because I have school online.

recently I decided to just stay off the computer but even when I'm just looking at my phone even for 2-3 my temples would feel strained. what really helps is when I wake up from sleeping or just doing other things.

I'm wondering did anyone else had strained their eyes and temples and did anything help to reduce the straining? thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have answered the questions yourself, cut down on the time you spend on your devices, it's not just about staring at the screens it's about sitting on your bum all the time, no exercise or fresh air what do you expect, get up and live your life with real people

• Posted

thanks for the advice. it was kinda blunt but overall it's what I need to hear. I do need to get out more.

• Posted

Sorry I do tend to be a bit blunt and to the point but it's the way I am and wouldn't expect any other way for myself.

Sorry if I upset you it was not my intention 😂

• Posted

I agree with Alexandria.You have noticed you feel better when you are not on your computer so long,so that is part of the answer. Also...do you wear glasses? If yes, when was your last eye test?. If you dont,then maybe a sight test may show the need for glasses just for computer work.

Try to limit your phone time as well.

Your problem is quite common with the current trend for looking at screens with such intensity. Try to get into better habits as you have already stated you have dry eyes . When working on a screen take a break every hour, and also try to sit back and blink lots of times to disperse those tears.

• Posted

thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

yes. I got my glasses this year. and I went to the eye doctor some months back.

I will definitely try to limit my phone use, even though it may be difficult but it's for the best.

• Posted

Yes less time on the computer (Do you use blue light glasses?) but seriously get a good scalp and temple massage lol... go to a massage place and tell them to work through your head and temples for the whole hour.

I had a bad car accident injury, my airbags didnt go off so my head was thrown. I did this to work through temple injuries. Trust me you will feel so much better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.