My eyes are sensitive to light change ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there the past couple of months ago strange things have been happening to my eye sight,while its not really a massive problem im worried about it turning into something serious,I wear glasses to use the computer which im on alot to be honest my eyes aint even that bad I just use the glasses for the computer and reading as I cant see small letters too well,anyway this odd thing happens to me at night,say im watching tv in the dark with no light for a while,I will go to the toilet and turn the light on which is kind of bright,when I roll my eyes up and down I see this dark shadow sort of sheet it only seems to happen at night can someone help please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Its very difficult for any person or even a Gp to tell what is wrong with eyes as they need all the equipment to see inside your eye. If you are concerned you should see an optician ASAP.   It may only be the contrast between light and dark,causing an after image on your retina,or it could be something more serious.  Dont neglect any problem with eyes,it doesnt have to be painful to be serious and needing attention.
    • Posted

yea thats true as eyes are extremely complex im booked into for an eye test next week,but yea what you said about the after image thing sounds about accurate it only last for a short time,maybe I shoudnt watch tv in the dark so much aha if it was serious though what could it be ? not that I want to know aha 
    • Posted

Well done you are doing the right thing in getting an eye test. Do mention the problem.

If it gets worse or you develop other sight problems,do see your doctor after your eye test.    Try watching TV with the light on to see if that gets rid of the problem.

• Posted

ye as a person with anxiety I should really stay away from internet diognosis ey aha but yea I do wear glasses but again its only for small things my eye sight aint too bad I will try though watching tv with light on,it probably is my eyes adjusting to the light change hopefully anyway 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.