My eyes are yellow!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I went the the ER a few weeks ago and had an unreasoning of my gallbladder done. They said it looked thickened but they couldn't help me, because it wasn't "emergent" enough. I don't have insurance so I can't go see a General Surgeon. Today I noticed my eyes are yellow. Is this something that is serious or will they just send me away again? I have every possible symptom but can't get it taken care of until it's an emergency. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

seems your gallbladder is infected and might have jaundice , check the bilurubin levels in blood. Its time for emergency.
  • Posted

I think you should go back to the doctor, as soon as you can.

• Posted

Did you go to the hospital yet? Yellow eyes is a sign of jaundice and isn’t good so please go get yourself checked out! Yes that is an emergency. My GP told me if my temperature got to 38 degrees Celsius (100.4) or if I had jaundice then had to phone them straight away or go to A&E or out of hours if it was night or weekend xx

• Posted

Hi Courtney as all the others have said yellowing of the whiles of the eyes is jaundice and it may mean that a stone is blocking the duct so the liver can't work properly so please get yourself to a&e as soon as possible, this is a medical emergency so don't wait.

Let us know how you get on. Take care

• Posted

Hi. I didn't have thickening but I did have the jaundice and yellowing with mine. I had acute gallbladder inflammation which presents with signs of obstruction jaundice. They did the same thing to me for months. By the time I got the surgery I was 97lbs so just so you know your body will make it if it has to, you need to go to a completely fat free diet while waiting, but I wouldn't recommend waiting. Doctors told me I was lucky to survive as long as I did because they made me wait so long for the surgery because I could have gone septic. Those are features of obstruction type jaundice which means it better to be taken care of immediately in those kinds of gallbladder situations. My neighbor who's daughter went through the same thing, he said they turned them away at every er too like myself and he finally had to push them for it and they finally did it. So I'm sorry to say but you're going to have to push back on this one. Not to mention in these kinds of situations the longer you wait the more likely you are to have surgery complications. Don't let them bully you out of getting the care you need. I'm so sorry you're going through this too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.