my eyes seem damaged after my first panic attack

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had anxiety about 2 month now and it all kicked off when I had a panic attack the thing I can't get my head across is my eyes I have had the like snow static vision the next day I woke up after my panic attack it's made me feel worse I can see it best when I look at the sky it's like lodes of small tiny tiny white bits hundreds of them also my eyes are very very sensitive towards light now if I look at a light for even a second it will be in my vison for a few seconds if I look longer I will see a black or like a ball on fire moving around for about 5 minutes it can freak my out I went to have them looked after two weeks they said I was short sited so I ware glasses now but the blur is still there and my eyes are the same why too light

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are going through this. Have you ever thought about weraing trasitional glasses for when you are in bright light the light won't bother you so much. 

My eyes are sensitive to light too. Also could you be diabetic or have high blood pressure that can affect your eyes also

• Posted

Hey Elizabeth thank you for the support and I have just hady bloods taken and I have to go back for bloods taken agian... I have also been and I will look into the glasses aswell thank you xx
  • Posted

I've had his and still do for years!

No one seems to understand what I mean. My eyes don't like days where the sky is grey, it seems very bright to me and like you when I look up its static.

It's got better over time but as my anxiety is high that gets worse.

I also see light after I've looked st it in my vision for a few seconds

• Posted

Did you ever get it checked out my glasses do seem to help a bit but not much but I feel better when I have my glasses on everything seems fake after a while when they get worse through out the day
    • Posted

I mentioned it to doctors and I had my eyes tested but they were fine this was over 4 years ago and it seems to of just settled on its own. Which kinda proves its anxiety
    • Posted

Ah right am sure this ist my anxiety becuase it real enough I have had this since I had my first panic attack and always like the even when I clicked se my eyes to go to sleep or whatever light there is in the room
  • Posted

I'm the exact same with being sensitive to light I thought I was the only one. If I stare at something too long that's bright it starts dimming down in brightness in my own eyesight it's a weird one alright. Hope you're okay X
    • Posted

Yeah sometimes it's like the light is changing if there is a light on in the room when I've them closed.
    • Posted

Are right my eyes are like this constant what ever lighting it is they are the same if I close my eyes I see lighting and they are just the same
  • Posted

Hello Josh,

This sounds similar to 'eye floaters' - a common symptom of anxiety. They're usually harmless, but do get it checked out just in case.

• Posted

When I stare enough I see black dots and long things there floaters but this static things dose not seem like it's that at all because it'd constantly there with eyes shut.or closed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.