My father has some abnormality in serum creatinine. His serum creatinine value is 2.54.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is oats good for him?? Can some one suggest diet plan for him??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A person with only one kidney may have a normal level of about 1.8 or 1.9.

Creatinine levels that reach 2.0 or more in babies and 5.0 or more in adults may indicate severe kidney impairment.

The need for a dialysis machine to remove wastes from the blood is based upon several considerations including the BUN, creatinine level, the potassium level and how much fluid the patient is retaining.

This is a fraction high but not panic levels. No doubt the medical staff will watch this. When one reaches 5 you start throwing up so it's really obvious something is wrong.

I've had much worse and I'm still active and making a nuisance out of myself. Simple diet, no salt, early to bed etc, ~

Good luck both, E

• Posted

Hi Eric...can you suggest, oats good for him or not??
    • Posted

I'm not a Dietician but avoid salt at all costs. Flavor foods with pepper, if he wants it. but mainly let him eat what he wants to. Cannot say that oats are good for the condition, but not going to hurt either.

Personally, I eat oats in the form of Muesli every morning. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.