My fiancé is undiagnosed bipolar 2

Posted , 1 user is following.

Where do I start my fiancé is undiagnosed but I’ve researched enough to know that a normal function of behavior is not what he has. I realized it when I constantly was on a roller coaster ride with him some days he is talkative but then he is distant. He can go a week acting normal loving me babe this I love you that then boom out of no where I’ve done something wrong he hates me. He has control issues he wants to feel important or as if I’m taking away his man good by simply asking him to communicate more or talk to me tell me when you wanna leave or thoughts in general. We are well we’re getting married in September but he had an episode and pushed me and put his hands in my face so aggressive I felt he wanted to really fight me yelling and all the kids saw this. It isn’t the first time they understand he has a problem we all see it but he doesn’t. He agreed to get couples counseling but even there she said he needed individual which of course he didn’t take it seriously. He refuses to realize he has a problem. After the counseling which she vaguely told him he needs to get help one in one which I’ve told him repeatedly but now he’s forgot and thinks he is superior and smarter than everyone now. I’ve tried it all I’m exhausted and embarrassed I have to explain To everyone the weddings off because my fiancé has a condition that won’t allow him to love, and show affection to me it comes and goes. It’s difficult I’ve cried prayed and all but he won’t get help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

ITs been seven years he really started showing signs 2014 they say it shows between 17/25 and I’ve seen it progress. 2015 is when I noticed something was wrong with him he would be happy one minute then the next he is with drawn quit or bringing up something that makes him emotional and angry. It has been a battle I don’t know what to do anymore I love him but it’s draining because he blames me for the way he acts or he is just verbally abusive and aggressive when he doesn’t like something. Un apologetic he doesn’t do wrong I guess because I’ve brought to his attention he has ruined Family vacations family functions just anything we never know when he’s gonna explode. I’m just embarrassed because when he says he gonna get help it doesn’t last two weeks. I don’t like conflict so it’s really hard. The wedding thing is really a breaking point everyone has planned got dresses and was excited because I was excited about it. And they thought finally I was happy and getting the man and life I deserved. Such a heart breaking let down for all. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.