My Fibromyalgia Symptoms are getting worse

Posted , 13 users are following.

cry My Fibromyalgia symptoms seem to be getting worse, muscle spasms are widespread and now for about two weeks my feet have been so painful not able to stand or walk much. My GP told me today I have Plantar Fasciitis (Inflammation) of the tissue in the heels of my feet. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so do you think it is to do with the Fibromyalgia or something else new to deal with, at the end of my tether to be honest i just want to cry with the pain most of the time, taking as many pain killers as is safe to take, also taking Amitriptyline to help relax muscles and ease nerve pain, My short term memory is also getting worse, any suggestions to help would be great thanks, xxx

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lol oh well must be a nice name then hey, haha, hope your doing ok, not a good day for me today and not sure why my feet are as bad as ever either, I thought they were getting a little better, oh well that's life i guess. I hope you feel ok and have a nice weekend, i will look for you instead its not such a common name haha, love Mon xx
  • Posted

Hi Annie i cant find you my friend. I have changed my name now it has my Maiden name Nemeth at the end of my other name, having said that you use Annie and sign off Anne but have used both so hey ho, we will get there sooner or later xxxx
  • Posted

Oh what a laugh Mon, I can't find you either with that change of name! Lol have you got a profile picture I could go on? My FB name is Anne instead of Annie as Anne is the name my old school friends would know me as and I put my maiden name at the end as again that's what they would have known me as not kemp(married name) lol. I wonder if you could look at another of my friends on FB that may have an unusual name and see if you can find me through looking through their friends list, you could try the following....

Silika brooks

Sharon Bateman

Erica chamberlain

Megan Anne kemp

Alison mordente

Try these first, if no luck I will give you some more! We will get there in the end Hun!

I'm sorry to hear you havnt had a good weekend and are suffering, you arnt the only one with sore feet, mine have been really bad today and I feel totally wiped out today, it was a late night for me last night with going out with hubby, but we did have a very nice time! Hope you enjoyed your daughters birthday meal too. Hope to chat on FB real soon. Hope you are just relaxing! Take care, love Annie xx

• Posted

Omg, I am going through the same exact thing, everything you're saying, I'm having the most painful heel for several months, widespread muscle pain, I haven't been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but suspect this is what I have. Any conclusions since your post? I am at the end of what I could possibly bear.
  • Posted

Hi, I have had fibromyalgia for 18/19 years now and mine started with my heels, I couldn't put my feet to the ground. I had cortisone

injections in my heels, the first time they were ok for a couple of months then had them done again n it never worked at all. I am sorry I can't give you any advice only to get decent pain killers from g.p . My fibromyalgia is now anywhere in my body, it pleases itself .

If I can help in any way please feel free to contact me x

• Posted

Hi Aurora I know that its been over a year since you asked the question about Plantar Fasciltis. Ive only just joined and your question was the only one to appear on the front page. If you still need answers or have any other questions i would be happy to try and help you. Nicky2014 xx
  • Posted

I also have fibromyalgia, and mine is getting worse also. My left foot and up to my hip hurts all the time now. I also have the needle feelings in my foot. It kinda looks like my thigh is bruised plus my joints burn me from time to time. Is this a normal feeling?
  • Posted

Hi my name is Kim😊I just wanted to thank y'all for sharing your journey with Fibro on here, I have not read everything yet but the little I did read it was nice to know I am not alone in this journey. I am in the middle of a terrible flare up and I am trying to find the most effective ways of fighting the flare ups, weight gain and symptoms. I have also experienced terrible stiffness in my knees, legs and the terrible pain in my feet....like y'all have described. I also am having trouble with memory as well. I am only 46, I have 4 children (ages 19, 13, 7 &, 4.) Everyone says to decrease stress but it is extremely difficult to eliminate some every day stresses that seem to cause flare ups. I want to know if anyone has found any treatments, exercises, or supplements to help with the symptoms? Thanks so much.😊 ?

• Posted

Hi, its late i couldnt sleep as i cant get comfortable because my lower back and hips are so sore elbows infact every joint, this has been going on for a month I had to walk around Manchester the other day and i was in so much pain to the point i wanted to cry , my husband was getting irratated by me. I feel on long trips out i should think about a chair. I to have been told i have planter fasciitis also . Now i have joined a gym and do light swim and use hydrotherapy pool i eat well dont drink smoke ect. But my pain level has increased alot Put back on gabapentin but still in pain. Like everyone we just want to get on. Had fibro for years. Just more was talked about this condition. I saw a mini bus once covered with stickers saying fibromyalgia is real , it gave me hope people dont think anything is wrong as i look well. My memory short term is also getting worse. I work 20 hrs a week dealing with customers, i laugh alot off if i forget , make a joke. But inside i am frustrated as i am not stupid but have to make out i am. Words get jumbled and seem out of reach when i want to say somthing. And some times it can be ok. I foget things to. I just wanted to share thats the beauty of this site people get what you are going through when even your closest friend or partner doesnt. I always say if you could just feel what i feel for a day then you would get it. Sorry its all been about me ha ha.

• Posted

I forgot to say i am coming up to 45yrs had fibro since the age of 30 told by doctors at 40yrs. It takes so long to diagnose !!!!. Plus have catamenial seizures waiting for a hysterectomy hopefully very soon. Enough about me now. Sending hugs to everyone. Right going to try and get some sleep. Goodnight and hope for a pain free day tomorow. X
  • Posted

Dear Aurora

My name is Debra and I also have fibro. I am 58 and I have been dealing with this fir 8 years. I have also had the plantar issue but after a cortisone shot it is much better. My dr told me to wear better shoes.

I so relate to everything you said. My short term memory is getting worse and I have fallen 3-4 time in the last year.

I am located in NC

If you would. E interested in becoming Facebook friends so we can compare notes my name is

Debra Hollis McGee

• Posted

I am reall glad I read this as I have been suffering with this for some time and I do have a a diagnosed fibro condition but never realised this was something that was anyway connected!  I thought I was imagining it.  It just goes to show how useful these forums are as if you are on your own with this condition you just think your either imagining your additional pains etc. or your just living with it and not doing anything about it when you can get help.  Thanks everyone I will def go back to my GP now so I can get a referral to podiatary for some support.
  • Posted

I have fibromyalgia and had plantar fasciitis. Don't think they are related. Cortisone injection worked first time for several months. Second time didn't work at all. Stretching calves and cold compress helped most with staying off foot as much as possible. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.