my fingers are not straight when fully extended

Posted , 9 users are following.

Help. When I try to straighten my middle and ring fingers, they bend like this instead. There's no pain nor discomfort, it just looks weird. Only my middle and ring fingers on both hands do this, all other fingers are normal.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, been a few months since you asked. But it looks like "Swan Neck" 

• Posted

Don't worry about it, I have it on all my fingers. I think it has something to do with having weaker tendons, but don't quote me on that

• Posted

Me too, I have it on all of my fingers in both hands, what could possibly be the reason?

• Posted

I don’t know if you’re still looking for answers, but you clearly have joint hypermobility syndrome, characterised by a laxity in the connective joint tissues (ligaments) that allows you to hyperextend your fingers, and likely several other joints as well. Source: I’ve got it too. All my fingers bend too far, as well as my knees, elbows, wrists, shoulders, hips, ankles, and toes. Welcome to the club
  • Edited

sameeee i have it on all my fingers too its so weird I hate it! i wish there was a cure for it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.