My first....

Posted , 11 users are following.

dry night in a lonnnnng time!

I'm not sure what I was expecting to happen but it's not been too bad. I'm not neive in thinking this will be a smooth ride and come tomorrow I'll probably be itching for a drink but I'm so pleased with myself.

I avoided a pub teacas temptation would be far too high, especially in this beautiful weather. I avoided the supermarkets and corner shops incase I put a bottle in my basket. I came home from the school run and got a shower and began keeping myself occupied.

The goal is to go dry Mon-Fri and look forward to a drink at weekends. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there and welcome. Don't overthink tomorrow be proud of what you've done today x

• Posted

Good on you Danielle. I aim for more dry days than drinking days ie 4 dry which I have done this week. First time this year. The liver needs the dry days to recover so you are doing yourself a lot of good.
  • Posted

How are you doing? 
    • Posted

Good thank you! I drank at the weekend as planned but not as much as usual. Monday is here and I'm gulping sugar free irn-bru and trying to keep busy.

How are you?

• Posted

LOOKING much better Danielle. You are making great steps to improve. Robin
  • Posted

Day 4 of no drinking and I've decided to have one! I'd have potentially done up to 8 bottles by now - so happy how things are going.

It's not easy though, yesterday I was very irritated and easily annoyed but I trying and my husband told me how proud he is which is a big help. He's aware I'm going to have down and narky days but I genuinely can't fault the support - he's amazing!

• Posted

Congratulations Danielle, great to hear!!!

Your note has inspired me to go dry today (Sunday), my first day in years with the exception of when I've been sick with the flu. I am suppose to go shopping at Costco today and normally will buy some alcohol, I am going to force myself not to. Prove to myself I can do it....

Thanks for the motivation!!!

• Posted

great note John. Can I assume that you are in the US?? Whatever the case you are on the right track of trying to drink less.....try it....Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.