my first time on orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

don't know if im writing in correct place here....it's my 1st time on this site.

I started taking orlistat 120mg 11 days ago. I have lost 1st 4lbs so far. I am off the scale obese...hence why I've lost quite a bit already. I don't have anymore than 3g of fat per meal, I've had no oily leakage(thankfully!) I'm crossing my fingers that I continue with this as my past record of staying on weight loss plans is rubbish!

I eat loads of fruit and veg and drink alot of water. I feel amazing! only time I've had to rush to the loo was after eating salmon, I just assumed it would be ok ...WRONG! Good luck everyone x

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've been on orlistat for 4 months 2 weeks and I've lost 4 stone and want to lose 8 more stone if possible but been struggling this last month. Well done loulou x

• Posted

Thankyou! Well done on loosing 4 stone, that's amazing! Even though I havnt even been on orlistat for 2 weeks yet, I do get how hard it gets when trying to loose a lot of weight. Many times I've got so far then my inner greedy gremlin takes over. Just one treat, then b4 I know it's....hello chocolate, salad who?

what are you struggling with the most?

xx

• Posted

Chocolate and sweets but to be honest since been on orlistat I haven't really been eating them the only time I really eat chocolate is when I'm about to come on xx

• Posted

Chocolate has a lot to answer for!! A few years ago I tried the slimming world plan, didn't really work for me. Although the puddings, for me were lovely. Cakes, ice cream etc. I know it's no substitute for 'real' chocolate, but what if you batch made some puddings that are fat free, freeze them and then you have created your own fast food. xx

• Posted

I'm not going to give up as if I don't buy it or its not in the cupboard I can't eat it xx but it's a good idea

• Posted

good luck! hope you manage to succeed in your goals xx
  • Posted

Hi ive started today too.... i need to loose about 3-4 stones!!

Im trying to get my head around it...

I plan to follow slimming world alongside ...

I thought i could have a wee packet of wotsits as a friday night treat.... then iv realised its more than my daily snack allowance of 3g! 😳

Ive only had 26g of a 60g allowance on meals though....

Any tips? Xx

• Posted

hi ruby. I'm sorry to read you're struggling to get your head rnd it.

The best thing I have done is to make sure I give myself enough time once or twice per week, alone to go to shops and find things I can have. Paying attention to the fat content, but also the sugar content.I try and come home with complete meals and not just bits of this and that. If I have a meal like soup, salad or pasta, that I would usually have bread with, I will have a few ryvita original crisp breads. I find this especially helpful with soup as they are dunkable.

I drink loads of water, take a multivitamin at night.

hope this makes sence as I am rubbish at 'getting to the point'.

good luck xx

• Posted

I realy appreciate your reply ... i was surprised i couldnt find a n Alli support or something!!

I have plenty of low fat/ sugar free due to the slimming world and ive tried to "dumb it down" for myself xx

• Posted

Hopefully, with using slimming world too will help you with you're meals answer snacks.

I hope you end up being pleasantly suprised when you have your next weigh in. Let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

sorry....predictive text taking over there!

Will help you with your meals and snacks I meant. oops lol x

• Posted

Thanks Lou your support is invaluable!!

Snacks are my worst but hopefully low fat ones will be ok.... because i also have to eat my syns for slimming world to work.... getting the balance x

• Posted

Thanx Ruby, that's very kind of you x

I used to follow the slimming world diet, but unfortunately it didn't really work for me. But I did enjoy making the puddings. Maybe you could try making some of the pudding that are freezer friendly, then you could just pop to your freezer and have a treat that way. I used to batch make a cake and it gave you instructions for a citrus sauce to go with it...nom nom. also fat free yogurts frozen berries then blitz them in the blender to make a scrumpy sorbet. xx

I do understand the snack temptation, I used to go to shops buy loads of chocolate, crisp, biscuits, cake and hide it in my room....I'd do this every couple of days. xx

• Posted

sorry me again..haha.

I've just weighed mysel. Ivery been on orlistat 120mg for 2 weeks and I've lost 1st 6lbs...yayyyyyyyy. Got a long long way to go but so far so good! xxx

• Posted

Lou can I ask.... are you allowed 19g per meal as i am taking 60mg rather than 120mg

Im wondering if you are allowed half the fat on the double dose x

• Posted

Ask me anything, its nice to share hints and tips.

I allow myself no more than 3g of fat per meal. I don't have any accidents but I go to the loo alot more than without the tablets. I'm going to look into this because as I've been reading different people posts in forums I've found them saying that you have to work it out per 100g but I just work out per item. Like the tin soup I had today was in total 2.6 grams of fat, the 2 crackers were 0.1g each. Maybe I'm eating too much as I still had to visit the loo rather quickly haha. xx

• Posted

Me again. I've just looked into it. On orlistat 120mg, no more than 5g of fat per 100g per meal. I'm going to look through the food I've been eating and see if my '3g per meal' limit is too much. It's all very confusing lol xx

• Posted

below 5g of fat per 100g. Also no more than 15g per meal.

I wish I could delete posts when I mess them up! hope this helps xx

• Posted

Hi xxlouixx I am starting my tablets on Monday.. reading through your comments and info is absolutely brilliant. 

When the GP advised a low fat diet / carb I was unsure of what i could have. 

I am unsure of what to eat like meals wise. Me and my boyfriend will be completing this together me on the tables and him without. 

TIA for your help and support x

• Posted

Hi emileebliss!

Ahhhh thankyou so much for your kind words.

I think it is fantastic that your boyfriend is going to do this with you, at least you won't have to struggle with the smells and sights of naughty food!

I was worried about what to eat and that I'd get bored eating the same food.

The best thing I did was to go to the supermarket, give myself plenty of time to find foods I could have. I'd be kind of making up a meal in my head. for example soup for lunch, but I wouldn't feel satisfied without some bread to dip in.....so I looked at the crackers and found Ryvita original(the whitish ones) had almost no fat. So for lunch I have soup and 4 ryvitas for dipping.

I bought a lovely selection of fruits, not just the standard apple and bananas.

I have cheerios for breakfast with skimmed milk and a piece of fruit.

If I want to snack it's fruit, yogurts and jelly. You can get fat and sugar free ones.

I have chicken, cod, haddock and tinned tuna. I found ceaser and three island salad dressing in healthy option.Also as a salad dressing i squeeze half a lemon, tbs of coriander and mint mmm tasty.

I found some super noodles that are low fat, I have the whole packet. Instant noodles, chow mein has the lowest fat.

I still have a couple of baby potatoes if I have a cooked dinner, no gravy though. Multi vitamin at night....if you take it in the morning it may not stay in your system if you're visiting the toilet alot!

Oh my days I'm really rabbiting on now....hope this helps. Let me know if I can help anymore. xxx

p.s how much weight would you like to loose?

I only need to loose another 10 st...lol

• Posted

Thank you so much for your help and support it means so much it really does. At the moment I am 16 stone but I'm not sure how much I want to loose. It's mainly so my clothes feel comfortable and I feel confident.

I can't wait to start because i know it's got to change my life with my food.

How long have you been doing it now? Xx

• Posted

You're welcome x

I'm the same even though I'm off the scale obese(started diet at 22st 10lbs shhhhhhhh don't tell any1 lol) so obviously it's not good for my health. I don't have bad knees, I can run up the stairs, my back is fine, my blood pressure is "bang on" (as the nurse says) I'm not diabetic, cholesterol is fine (I know I'm at risk of developing these) I feel uncomfortable in my clothes and I can't fit in the bath very well...I love a nice bath.

It will be 3 weeks on Saturday. I've lost 1st 6lbs so far. lost a st in first week, but that's normal for me. I think it's my body's way of telling me to "step away from the cake". I think I'll only loose a lb or 2 by sat but I'm trying not to be disheartened and to look at it over 3 weeks instead of one.

I've got such a long way to go, but for me to follow healthy eating for 3 weeks is quite promising.

I've also noticed my skin on my face has lost its spots and looking better.

Just give it 100% I genuinely hope you get on ok x

Everyone is different, but I'd just like to add that I don't count my calories.Just fat and sugar. If I have a salad I have loads. If I have a cooked dinner I have loads of veg. I'm never hungry. If I go anywhere, even popping to visit a friend I take something to nibble on. I might not eat it but if don't take something healthy it's sods law that they have cooked too many chips or just ordered a pizza. x

• Posted

Hi Ruby!

I was just wondering how you are getting on since Monday? hope you're getting to grips with it xx

• Posted

hi emileebliss.

I lost 4lb woop! That's 1st 10lbs so far.

I'm celebrating with mushy peas, haddock and 3boiled potatoes. having Strawberries and jelly for pudding mmmmmmmmm lol.

When is your next weigh in? xx

• Posted

Hi ladies!

I'm new to Orlistat too. I've been taking it for 4 days. I weighed myself this morning and it looks like I have already lost 4lbs. But I'm not sure if that's just my scales telling lies (I have trust issues with my scales).

I only had some of the oily horribleness on the second day but apart from that I've been fine. I'm so glad I've found this forum!

My doctor has prescribed me 1 month and I have to go back in a few weeks to see the nurse to have a review. Has anyone else had this?

Xx

• Posted

Hi Ruby I noticed you started 21 days ago. How is it? I started Monday. I feel better in myself and am sticking to 5g or less per meal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.