My flares up are now mostly every single day and last all day. :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I have been having flare ups permanently now and I am really struggling. The pain is causing me to vomit also. Has anyone got any advice for this sad I am in absolute agony and my body feels like broken bones as if I have been run over, this is what I am like every single day now. You would think after having it for 8 years I would be used to it. x

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula, well that's interesting because I've been feeling like this everyday now for about 4 weeks, it never seems to go even after meds. I've also been vomiting, off my food, headaches also, this has been for 4 weeks too. I've been diagnosed now for 2 half years, but suffering a lot longer probably like all our fibro... Friends!! GP gave me cyclizine for nausea, may take the edge off but still always vomit.

Have you been to GP and told them yet? If so, what did they say? I don't think even they know actually, I feel like anything wrong with me now, they say it's your fibro!!

Hope you feel a little better Paula.

Big gentle hugs

X

• Posted

I am finding it difficult i am only 27 ans been suffering since i was 18 xx
  • Posted

Thanks for replying mandy. I havent even been diagnoses but had this for 9 years been back and forward to docs and never had any help. It is hard as i am so used to being in pain but it doesnt get easier. My doctors werent concerned that the pain is making me sick and dizzy. Does that help? Xxx
  • Posted

Hi Paula,

Have you been to a rheumatologist? I at the moment can't get up my stairs, the pain and fatigue is horrendous. Some days, I think what's the point. But family keep me going. I've been sick and diarrhea for about 4 weeks now, I will be going back to GP in the morning when my hubby gets home. You must go back and make the GP listen to you. Have you got anybody who could go with you and speak for you, just so you don't feel alone and vulnerable.

Let me know how you get on Paula please. Remember we are all here for each other.

Gentle hugs to you...

X

• Posted

I have and they seemed to think I was okay. I have been coping with this for years and it is very difficult. I have good days and bad and today I feel a little more positive. I am used to it and my family and friends all know about it but I don't think anyone fully understands the impact that is has on you. That sounds awful, I hope that you are okay. I have gave up on the doctors and now taking the hollistic approach as medication does me no favours and doesn't help my pain anyway. I know, I feel much better being able to come on here and speak about it xx

• Posted

I don't know if this can help or not but I just read an article about cbd oil. It's made from hemp so it legal in all 50 states not just the ones that have Marijuana legalization. Supposed to relieve pain, help with nausea and migrains. Article said that you have to watch what you buy on the Internet and could be expensive but they are now doing studies for fibromyalgia sufferers. May be worth looking into.

• Posted

looked into it hun and it is good for pain yes but not good for depression and anxiety and if u have high blood pressure be careful xx
    • Posted

I haven't tried it, my work requires drug testing. While it's not supposed to make you test positive there's always a chance.

Like Paula I gave up on meds and started a more holistic approach. I have good days and bad. Sometimes the migraines and pain are so bad during flares that I get sick too. Ginger and other herbs don't always help. I know that this illness will only get worse. Always looking for things that may help as it progresses or have flares.

• Posted

u need to know anyting just ask had it over ten year im on fentanyl now about as far as i can go xx
  • Posted

ive had it ten hunny u never get used to it im sick ov hearing theres nowt much we can do well its about time they come up with something hun x
  • Posted

ask doctor for cyclizine brilliant for sickness i guarantee x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.