My FSH level

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies, so I think I might be hitting meno sooner rather than later. I got my blood work back. My FSH is 171.2. No period this month and I have been having mad night sweats for the past month. My migraines have been awful. I wonder if my period in Jan was my last! I know it means nothing until I go one year without. But, my highest FSH was 35 in 2017!

I am only 41 1/2. I have to call my obgyn tomorrow. I have been very symptomatic, but not really being properly treated.

Any thoughts?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i had mine tested two months after my last period and it was 125. my doctor said I wouldnt have another period and I didnt. That was 18 months ago

• Posted

Oh geez! It took two years for you to go from 35 to 171.2?!?! In November, my FSH was 3.9. I guess I have a LONG way to go. sigh

• Posted

two months after my periods stopped my FSH was 35 and the same a year later. no periods in between. 171 seems like an aberration. Do have it checked out. it could be some hormonal imbalance, overarian cyst or something.

• Posted

Mine was 107 last month. The one before was done in March and April of last year. The March was 17.9 . I don't have the April but I know I did one. My dr said once it can come down but once it rises it doesn't usually come down much. I am definately approaching. menopause. According to blood work im post menopause. I looked at all my bloodwork from 2017 until now and yes the fsh was rising though I saw dips in some but not much. My last period was Nov and it was heavy than usual, the Oct period was light. It may have been my last period ..if so I pray all these symptoms goes with it.

• Posted

Hi Mary! I just replied to your post...just keep tracking your symptoms. That will be the best indicator. I was horrible with fatigue. It has let up a little. But, now I am up all night sweating. So, I am tired all over again...but more sleepy tired than that full body shutdown. In 2017 my FSH went from 20-35...then 10. The lab values on my blood work goes up to around 130.

I am going to the gyno in March. I figured I would give a little time in case a period comes.

We have to keep gathering clues to navigate our way out of this tunnel!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.