My GA is very itchy when a new spot develops and sometimes produces blisters, anyone else have this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have seen 3 Derms, Endocrinologist, Rheumatologist and of course PCP. My GA is all over my legs and arms. It starts off with little red bumps that are very itchy, and sometimes they are blisters, then grows into large somewhat circular areas with raised edges. Have tried all the same things as everyone else. Going to start Narrow Band UVB therapy next week. Anyone tried this? Success or Not?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Evieray,

I have had GA since I was 8yrs old and now I’m 47. I tried narrow band UVB light treatments and they did not help me at all. I have tried all the topical creams without success. I am now getting steroid injections. This does help fade the spots and they are not as raised and red and menacing. But they haven’t disappeared either.  The dermatologist will only give the injections to a few spots per month, because it is really not good for your body to take in too much steroid. Others have had success with getting tested for food sensitivities which may trigger GA. I have not tried that yet, but I plan to order the testing kit online soon. The other options include trying the Autoimmune Paleo diet. I have been on this for a few months, so it is still too soon to tell for sure. I have noticed that some of the newer GA spots on my legs have disappeared, but it’s hard to tell if that is from the diet or something else. The older spots that have been on my feet for years are still there, and just as ugly as ever! Hang in there and let us know what works best for you! Don’t give up!

• Posted

I have the same kind of GA-starts red and itchy then it grows into circular areas. All on my legs forearms 2 on ankles. Wondering how your therapy went and also to Want2, how is the autoimmune diet working? I have only tried Doxycyclin- made me too dizzy. Have done steroid injections but I have too many to make it feasible. Steroid cream really didn’t help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.