my gallbladder is literally inside my liver.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have to have my gallbladder removed asap, im nervous about it being inside my liver. Does anybody know if this is a rare condition, and is surgery generally sucessful?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michele,

Maybe they mean it's attached to liver. I have heard that one. They are so advanced now a days, you'll be just fine. But I would have it out right away.

Just had mine out 2 days ago and so glad it's over with. No more constant attacks for me. that was terrible.

Good luck with everything. Let us know how it goes

Gail

• Posted

Oh! Gail.  You replied on my post - tell me on that post about your surgery please!  
    • Posted

Carrie,

haven't heard from you in a few days, you doing ok? Anything new with new testing or have you not had anymore?

gail

• Posted

I go in for surgery on Friday, good thing too I had to leave work today I just felt so crappy.  I hope you're healing up well! 
    • Posted

Oh Carrie,

So glad that you're going to be out of pain soon. Let me know how it went when you feel better. 

And trust me, when you feel alittle better, still rest!!!! Felt good the other day and thought well I'll drive and go get groceries.. Wrong!!!!!! Just stay sleeping and resting.

Almost over with , stay safe my friend.

Gail

• Posted

Thank you Gail, I should be having my surgery this coming week by a liver surgeon. I will definately keep you updated on how it goes. I hope youre feeling much better :-)
  • Posted

i had mine removed after severe acute pancreatitis nothing to worry about, but expect to be able to do zilch for a couple of weeks after. the day after i couldn't even carry a bottle of milk. and getting out of bed is nigh impossible. a friend had it removed and had to have a tiny bit of her liver cut away. she said she didn't know anything about it, didn't affect her any, and it grows back pretty quick. but it is unlikely unless you've been given by the consultant to think that.
    • Posted

I had all the tests possible, and every one of them showed my gall bladder inside my liver somehow. It must have been like that for years, and i only found out because i have gall stones moving around, and oh boy did that hurt. I should be having surgery soon :-)I hope youre feeling better, and thank you for the info. :-) :-)
  • Posted

I remembered reading this and and not knowing about it before, but after my surgery on Thursday, when I spoke to the surgeon, I asked if gall bladder was definitely the reason for my pains (after reading from so many people that it wasn't!) and he said that while I could possibly have pains for another reason, that his opinion was that I would be a lot better as it was severely inflamed and had adhered to the liver and had to be cut away. Then he said that when they looked there was significant scaring to the liver to show that it had happened some time ago. So, it may be more common than you think!
    • Posted

Wow dorcas, good thing you had the operation when you did then. How was the surgery, did they do the keyhole? how are you feeling now? I've been sleeping a lot after my surgery and yesterday just had stiches out.

So glad it is over!!

Gail

• Posted

Hi Gail,

Yes it was keyhole - I have 4 small incisions. Other than feeling like an old (er) woman, I am already a lot better. My sister in law just told me that I look a lot better now too - said that before I went to hospital on Thursday I looked very "grey" and now my colour is back to normal. Pains in my side are gone. Even with pain from incisions, I feel so much better!

You had stitches? That must be the more invasive operation then. Hope all goes well. I have been sleeping a lot too. Hate the socks! haha

• Posted

hi dorcas,

I didn't get to talk to the doctor after surgery because I was feeling so nauseated . So I didn't get to find out how bad is was, but each keyhole had 2 little metal stitches in each. had them removed yesterday.

Sounds  like you are feeling so much better, that's great. I'm still alittle sore and still gassy  after a week

Gail

• Posted

Oh - I just had glue - they said I only got 1 stitch and that was at the belly button inside and would dissolve.

Yeah I am feeling a bit like I have been kicked or something in the stomach, and I feel hungry but can only eats a couple of bites of anything at a time. Although I hadn't really eaten much for a month before the op - I had lost 19 lbs in less than 3 weeks. So it may take a while until I can eat as normal.

Am hoping I start to heal soon! Hope you feel better tomorrow!!

• Posted

Thank you very much, I feel somewhat better knowing this info. I hope youre also feeling much better. I am going in next week for my surgery, by a liver surgeon. I will keep you updated on how it goes :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.