My GI consultant has prescribed Losec 20mg - comments please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have suffered with reflux since last December, I have been prescribed since then esmoprazol, lazmoprazol and Nexium(spelling could be wrong)- 

I experienced bad side effects with all of them - mainly headaches, and tingling around my lips and outer area of my mouth, so I took myself off of them, changed to an alkaline diet and adjusted my ranatadine myself along with using Gaviscone extra - which has given quite a bit of relief.

after seeing my GI consultant today , he would like me to try Losec 20mg day

Any helpful comments please guys or any users of this med who can advise on their useage .............Cheers Wilfie( I am female - this is my nick name ) 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've Been on all of those meds plus more, I've suffered longer and recently had  new surgical breakthrough surgery calked the LINX procedure. I only recently discovered the massive implications of taking these meds long term I have more to say but would prob take me all day but I'm hapoy to answer any questions 
    • Posted

thank you Lovelane 09 - I'm so sensative to medication , I'm really not interested in trying Losec, but I did think about asking you guys on the forum as it's so helpful to have the support and comments .

I have heard of the procedure you've had , I think it's via the private sector which I could take.

I too have heard about all the horrid long term effects of the ppi and that's another reason I don't want to take that route .....

Thank you for responding - my only question is how bad did you get before having the procedure and was the GI consultant all for it as mine isn't as I asked - I see him via BUPA- but he is not a surgeon a medical consultant - so maybe not enough money in it for him lol-I'm sceptical on the private sector you do become a money making machine lol!!

the medical GI. Would loose his patient 

• Posted

Are you uk or us ? I had mine on nhs in Devon where the lead consultant in the linx procedure practices it's not too intrusive abd the results are alazing.   I'm here for you should you need to ask anything

Paul

• Posted

Thank you - so much that's real kind of you - I'm in the UK South West Wales 

iv not heard of the procedure in this area , I will make enquiries about it as I don't want spend years on meds or with this blooming discomfort I have IBS and borderline barrats - so I don't want things to escalate as I'm a very young 60 something lol!! Very often taken for 50 something which is very nice 

But this. Blooming condition is horrible spitting coughing and all the discomfort that comes with it -...... Thank you again Lovelane 09 

• Posted

Your welcome I'm a very young 58 lol. I live in Devon they do it in my local hosp. Also in Dorset and one hosp in London they won't do ot however if you have barretts.  Again feel free to ask anything or pm me 

Pauk

• Posted

Thank you Paul - I only have borderline barrats - that has however fluctuated over the last few years- so maybe I'm out of the running anyhow

I would appreciate the name of your consultant at least I could write to his secretary and ask some questions or if he would give a private consultation to review my case - thank you 

• Posted

I will pm you the details I don't want to name him on here if that's ok. You would still need all the tests etc
    • Posted

Thank you - I appreciate the reasons why not to put on the forum any names 

of consultants that's very prudent- yes I appreciate tests would be required I just don't relish taking medication for long periods , I'm managing it the problem at the moment but it's on a knifes edge when is the next flare up 

I leave you in peace now thank you again 

• Posted

Old timer, alummik for 10 years, get rid of it in 2 days by cook rice water and rice cake. Natural glue from food, take it small 30 minutes before meal. 3 times a day for 2 days. Your case may be different but you may try on your own risk. For me it gone for 28 years.

I am a chemist and try natural and it gone nothing to say more.

I do not answer your question about dose and side effect. Just my experience for the thing that solve my issue. Talk to your physician, your case may be different.

• Posted

Hi wilfie.

I have been taking losec 30 mg for around 

20 years, 

I have had no side affects that I no of,

Try the apple cider vinegar it works for me and its 

Worked for a lot of people it's the best thing I have 

Discovered,

Any thing ekes I can help you with please ask and good luck with the new tablets .

Regards lee.

• Posted

Thank you Lee- that's what I like about this sight - folks are so helpful - this blooming condition is horrible - I will try the apple cider vinegar - this is going to sound stupid - do you just drink a small amount or cook with it ?? 
    • Posted

Hi again.

You need organic apple cider vinegar 

I put two small  cap fills in a small glass and 

Add a tiny I mean a tiny bit of bicarb of soda 

Tip of a tea spoon and mix , it will fizz like mad add a small drop of water to stop the fizz drink of in one, take last thing at night before bed, aspells apple cider vinegar is what u use,

Try propping your bed up 6-8 inches with blocks or bricks, it stops the acid leaking back into the gullet .

Regards lee .

• Posted

Thank you for asking - yes I'm ok - I find it frustrating after I have eaten any food I have this horrid spitting of clear foaming mucas which causes me to cough and feel short of breath  just until I manage to cough and clear it out of the way - that's the most annoying aspect of this, plus the hoarse voice that comes with the coughing doh!! Nuisance problem - thank you again for asking ......
    • Posted

Thank you for that I will give it a go - with this problem different things work for different people, I will try this and see if it works for me 

Thank you Lee , I won't be able to get until the weekend as I live in a rural area - thank you 

• Posted

Good I sent you a private message with details of consultant 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.