My girl

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please help my daughter is terrified and I am seriously worried about her mental health . She suffers from anxiety and has had a smear and it has come back abnormal. Is there anyway of bringing her hospital appointment forward .She really isn't coping x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you in UK Claire?
    • Posted

Jane 2000 has summed up exactly what I was going to say. Your GP may not tell you exactly what the smear result says due to patient confidentiality...that is really only for your daughters ears,but if you usually go to GP appts together then the GP may tell you. Most abnormal smear results are not cancerous so dont go overboard with worry.
  • Posted

It is wicked that women are put through this process with no explanation of what any of it means. If your daughter has a long wait for her appointment it sounds like it's nothing at all, but a further check to see if the abnormality is still there in a few weeks time. Nearly all abnormalities clear up on their own, and the hospital appointment is only the usual procedures that have to be followed.

While you wait I would contact your GP tomorrow, and ask for a full explanation of what was found, and why you've been referred. They shouldn't keep you in the dark about this. Please don't worry - if cancer is suspected your daughter would be on a 2 week cancer referral and that clearly hasn't been the case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.