My girlfriend has attempted suicide and I have no idea what to do, Please help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

i knew she had depression about a month ago and I suggested help but she said no

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You have to support her the best that you can. Try to get her to understand that no matter how bad life gets it's not worth killing yourself over. I know how she feels and even though I also have thought about it, I always call someone or even the suicide hot line and talk it out. I hope she gets better soon. I hope you are able to hang in there because she needs you now.

• Posted

Poor woman and you! You both need support, you're brave to write on here btw. Get to see someone - she obviously urgently needs to. Make sure you're both supported. Good luck, you need it.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to read this jamaal179647. I have a similar difficulty with my son in law. He is so low at the moment and has twice attempted suicide. We don't like to leave him alone but at the same time, he does need his space. Make sure there are no tablets in the house, and like all the others have said, reassure her she is loved, she is needed, etc. Do you have support? Are the MHTeam on board? You both need to speak to somebody. It can be the loneliest feeling on the planet for her, but I agree, you both must get support. Let us know how she is doing. We are all rootin for her.

julia 

• Posted

dear you,

As I also have attempted suicide 2 years ago, my boyfriend forced me to see a psychatrist. At first I just wanted to be alone . You have to support her by not trying to put her under a lot of pressure ( on why is she so depressed). Do what she likes , it works for me. Last week I had a terrible week and I restarted to have suicidal thoughts but my boyfriend took me to a concert and it was great. When I am really sad I just need ther other one to make me feel better by going to a place that I like for exemple. I need to be remembered of why living is still worth of it .Stay strong and don't try to hard to make her speak about everything . She will eventually talk about it when she will be " ready". Try the best not to let her alone, with friends family or you. If you need any more help ask me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.