My girlfriend is really suicidal. Desperate for help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

My girlfriend is extremely suicidal. She grew up with emotional and physical abuse from a parent with mental illness throughout her whole childhood and has attempted suicide extremely often since she was 7 years old.. she had some very crazy and unfortunate things happen to her again this year and it has made her turn back to these thoughts but apparently even worse than before. She hid her feelings from me and has finally come out about it. She tells me her life is painful and she wants to die everyday, thinks about death everyday and often plans a way to commit suicide.. I really worry about her and I try my very best to talk her out of it and tell her I'm here, I love her and so on but it never helps as she says nothing can help her since she's been broken since childhood. She has a period per day of uncontrollable crying and suicidal thoughts. Nowadays she tells me I'm the reason she's still alive and wants me to stop supporting her and she says things things like "If you let me go I can go back to heaven and my pain will end" It really hurts me and I'm in tears every single day, she says she doesn't need help and that she doesn't wanna get better and happy, just wants to die. Her family apparently have known about her thoughts and intentions for 10+ years and do not try to stop her from doing it as she says "they understand my pain" I really cant believe it and it hurts me even more. When I called her by her name yesterday, she was shocked and told me she feels she is not the same person anymore and that name belongs to a different person, all her stuff is a different persons and she is living in another persons body. I told her this wasn't normal but she insists she's ok and doesn't need help. When I say things will get better she gets very emotional and says "thats what everyone says, but it just continues to get worse" "I have no hope and I'm tired of being alive". The worst part for me about all this is we're in a long distance relationship and we can't meet up again until August as we are 6000 miles apart.. she goes to counselling on a weekly basis and his asked him things such as "what is a nice way to kill myself without blood" but he just listens and doesn't give any advice or support. I tried asking her to go to the hospital ASAP but she ignored me for hours until finally she said she would even though it'll cost her a lot of money. Another thing is she wont promise me that she'll not hurt herself or attempt to hurt herself and it really frightens me.. she just replies with "but I'm in pain, please understand my feelings" We're a very close couple and love each other very much. But she still wont have hope for the future or anything I tell her. I really really extremely love her and I wanna support her always and always be there for her. I really fear I'll wake up one day and she's done something bad. I feel extremely depressed every single day and worry about her day and night and have trouble sleeping.. I'm really desperately in need for someones advice on what I should do. Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sweet Angel, u r amazing, ur love is something beautiful. can u pliz get her here, i would love to speak to her as we feel the same way exactly. i stumbled onto this site because i was looking for sleeping pills to kill myself with and paf i am on this site with people who feel the same way i do. i am an artist, i am 53 , have a 30 years old son, i live in south of spain , sun , mountains and the desire to die! i sent u both  a lot of hugs,ask ur lovely girfriend to get in touch!
  • Posted

You are supporting her by just standing by her. My husband sometimes struggles with me too. He is scared sometimes. Don't try to make it better you can't and she knows that. Just let her cry on your shoulder, tell you how she feels. All you need to do is say I'm here for you. Believe me that is all you can do. Hope things get better. I've been with my husband 30 yrs he is my rock. But he doesn't have the answer x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.