My girlfriend, My saviour, My life - Our Bipolar.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I don’t know wether anyone could help me understand and stop the sleepless nights and emotions running high but here it goes....

I have been with my Girlfriend for a year now and everything has been amazing, she has two kids of which we all get on very well. I adore them like my own and they adore me. She was going through a divorce and separation when we met of which isn’t the best of situations but our connection and time we all spent with Eachother made it worth it. Divorce is a sticky situation especially when kids are involved and when the other party refuses to sign the papers. Knowing the situation I was getting myself into I never put any pressure on anything and always spoke highly of the kids dad and always made it sound fun that it was “daddy’s weekend” 

Our relationship has gone from strength to strength of which led to talking about the future. 

Recently a few things have happened of which wasn’t normal and resulted into me questioning what was wrong. 

We spent Sunday with each other and Monday she delivered me dinner and work and Tuesday she brought the kids in to see me and asked to go out for a meal. We all went for a lovely family meal and the kiddies wanted a sleepover. So I stayed at their house that night. We got into bed and I asked a couple of questions of which I noticed recently that didn’t seem right. Things never really got answered and then at 4pm whilst I was at work on Wednesday I got a message which was basically saying she is so stressed out and she can’t drag me along with her. This came to a big surprise for me, of which resulted into walking out of work and feeling lost. 

After speaking to family and relatives everyone found it hard to believe that it was going to be the end of the road for us. We had a few messages to and from and then I was told to give her space. Which is the hardest thing ever, especially when they have become such a big part of my life. I haven’t been sleeping or eating for 5 days now and I just never know if she’s going to come back. Our relationship was amazing we have never argued and we always have an amazing time with one another. 

I eventually heard from her 4 days later of which resulted into meeting up. I couldn’t talk in this depth just via text. 

I met her and we both feel into each others arms for about 5mins with just tears and no words. 

We sat down and spoke about things and I mentioned a post on Instagram that had a few hashtags relating to mental health. I asked her about this of which resulted into more tears. 

Cut a long story short, I’ve known my girlfriend for a year and have come across this once. We don’t live together so I’m not always there. 

We have decided that I should give her space with no communication or contact, until she is ready. 

I have done a little research since finding this out and everything is starting to make since, but I do wonder will she ever come back. I am a very supportive and caring man of which makes it even harder for me. 

We have decided not to move anything out of each other’s houses yet and the kids don’t know. I am willing to stand by her and support her as much as she needs. My love for her hasn’t changed one bit, but will she ever come back.....

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.