My Glandular Fever Expirence just wanted to share

Posted , 3 users are following.

In early November 2022 I started to feel very unwell with fatigue, swollen glands the aka the more standard symptoms. However the following 2 months or so i expienced twitching almost all over my body and pains and aches all over as well as what i can only describe as very odd sensations all over my body. My symtomps were so bad i had to defer my third year of university. i've probably forgoten some of it now as i've tried as best i can to forget the last few months. Its now Feburary and whilst i've seen improvement in both the pain and fatigue they are still present. I'm now plagued by what i would call odd symptoms. ive had twitching in my eyes which was bad for a few weeks but has now settled down. More recently i've had ringing in my ears which at first was debilitating but is now more annoying and only disruptive when i try and sleep. It also occasionally flares up with becoming loud for about ten seconds or so with fluctuations in pitch. Whilst i was servely depressed through december January I have managed to push myself into a better headspace and am even managing to work as an office temp (Didn't think this would be possible a month ago so am super happy about this) I just wanted to ask if this is at all normal and if so when I can expect the pain, fatigue, twitches, ringing in my ears to subside?

My very best wishes to fellow sufferers,

Jack 21M

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi jack, sorry that your going through it. i got mono in feb of last year and still get symptoms on & off. i definitely have fatigue,and ill randomly also have the ringing, & random eye twitches. i just wanted to let you know your not alone ans hope you feel better.

• Posted

Hi Jack,

i an coming up to my second year of EBV and to be honest for the last three or four months i have noticed real progress. i have energy now most of the time, yes i get off days but who doesnt. i had EBV so bad in the beginning with every symptom going and to be honest i still get a lot of them but they dont bother me like they used to. i have constantly been told all my tests such as nerve studies and brain scan etc and they have all been fine.

i get the muscle twitching all the time too and the doctors don't seem to know why but like i say the nerve studies and muscle studies were fine. i have found the best way to cope with this illness is to not get stressed about it and realise that it cant hurt you. stress makes it so much worse and worrying about every symptom drives you insane. i get very bad stomach nerve pain from it and its agony at tines but i know its the EBV and i just forget about it and dont think about it and it passes. the symptoms come and go all the time. if your results are all fine and you have been checked.

all i can say is it gets easier and its the worst virus i have ever known. feel free to message

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.