My glans doesn't look right and I can't figure out what it is (NSFW PHOTO)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hope this is okay and the right place for this. ive seen other threads like this here.

I am 19 years old male, and I have been dealing with my penis, my glans specifically, looking just horrible for a while now. Discoloration, scaly, peeling on the underside.

The underside of the glans and the peeling / irritation and potential scarring under there us my main concern. It just looks bad, is really concerning, and has really hurt my confidence. This specifically has been an issue for like 6-8 months now.

I also have "lips" so to speak on my urethral opening as you can see in the photo, and it often burns a little when I urinate, but these two things have been the case since i was 14 or 15, i just thought they could potentially be relevant.

I will rule out STIs because I have never had sex. Though I masturbate frequently. Usually just by tugging the skin back and forth on the upper part of my shaft without touching my glans or rubbing across the skin at all.

If this is inappropriate please just remove. its just i dont know whats going on or what to do and I dont want to tell my parents about it to get a doctors appt and have to get physically looked at. id rather have someone take a look anonymously if possible. let me know if any more info is needed.

Image below

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, placing photos like this is often the only way for respondents to tell what is going on as description can be highly inadequate.

So, for many males the appearance that your glans / head of penis has would be very normal for them. That would not mean that they have a completely health skin of the glans, that is just the way it is for many men. Also, many men suffer quite severe issues related to penile skin and do not seek any help for their circumstances.

What you describe as lips is very typical of the male meatus which is the actual outlet from the urethra. The burning sensation you mention on urination is also common, however while in some instances this can be linked to eating spicy food, and can be caused by a urinary tract infection.

You mention your regular masturbation, but I wonder if you use anything as a lube during masturbation? Alternatively, perhaps you regularly use a skin cream or lotion in an attempt to hydrate the skin on the glans of your penis? In either circumstance, what you need to be careful of is anything that is applied to the glans of penis does not get inside the urinary tract as this can cause a problem. As a simple measure, what you can do the next time you have this burning sensation is to make sure you drink plenty of fluids, particular if you are an active person, do physical sports or things like gym workouts or do cover distances when cycling, for example.

So, with some awareness of what the typical issues of the skin of the glans and foreskin are most frequently having forced upon them you can put some practical measures in place to help the skin become more healthier.

Simple innocuous things such as washing the penis with soap and shower gel can appear to be just the right thing to do to keep the penis hygienic, unfortunately years of exposure to all forms of body cleansers like this can really dry out penile skin, particularly on the glans and foreskin that are particularly sensitive to anything that has a chemical base. The majority of body cleansers such as soap, shower gel and hair shampoo have a detergent type action and this excessively dries skin on the penis. Best to use water only, then use a clean dry towel that only you use, do not share towels.

When you urinate it is essential to remove any traces of urine from any penile skin it has been in contact with, again, wash with water only and throughly dry, if out of the house, use a clean paper tissue or use toilet tissue to wipe the tip area of the penis. Make sure the foreskin is drawn fully back towards the body before you start to urinate.

To regularly hydrate penile skin the best thing to use is natural products such as liquid Coconut oil or Shea butter - these are best applied in a light coating 2 or 3 times a week after drying yourself after a shower. Coconut Oil, applied as a light coat is suitable for a lube for masturbation (sexy active males need to be aware that coconut oil has a detrimental impact on most condoms!!).

I will include part of one of my Guides below for the kinds of things you need to be thinking about, and, putting in place in practical terms - if you have any further issues or questions, simply hit the "reply" button and get back to me ....

Penile Hygiene Protocol to Combat Penile Skin Problems

In the mean time abstain from applying anything at all to your penis - wash the head / glans with water only, dry 100% immediately afterwards by patting dry with a towel, draw your foreskin as far forward as you can each time you shower to protect the head, once you have thoroughly rinsed everything off, expose the head of your penis and rub with the inside of your hand only. Don't apply any Lubes, Baby Oil, Moisturiser or Skin Creams / Lotions to it. If you are sexually active, or Masturbate, clear away any fluids from the entire surface of the head of your penis as soon as you can. You may need to be vigilant and check for several hours after you have ejaculated to see if any further pre-ejaculate or semen reaches the head of your penis.

By doing all these things hopefully you will get a positive reaction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.