My Globus sensation cure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I hope this post may help other sufferers of globus, a horrible, life-ruining condition..

I started having the global sensation in October 2016, so 6 months ago, it has literally ruined my life every day being worried about what was wrong with me and not making much progress with doctors.

Symptoms:

- Lump in throat, mostly above Adam's apple but sometimes below as well

- Feeling like my epiglottis/back of tongue was swollen

- Difficulty swallowing, swallowing multiple times to make sure food went down

- Some swelling in left tonsil and left lymph gland in neck

What gave me relief?

I started running 3 weeks ago, just 20 minutes 2 or 3 times per week, plus other gym activities like yoga, swimming, lounging around in the jacuzzi smile

I noticed after I had been running, the sensation disappeared for a few hours or a day and then came back.

Secondly, I started a routine of excellent oral hygiene - flossing, brushing, tongue clean, mouth wash - three times per day (only floss once in the evening) and, guess what? Globus has gone after 3 days!!

I had suffered a lot of stress leading up to my globus episode, and periods of anxiety which may have caused it. Another thing I suffered from recently is tonsil stones. So, doing both exercise to feel better and clean out the lymph system, plus taking great care to prevent tonsil stones and anerobic bacteria in the mouth seems to have helped to solve my issue.

It seems that there are different causes for globus but I wanted to share what helped me, so maybe it can help you too smile

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.