My grandfather doesn’t like dark skinned people

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been getting bullied because of how dark my skin color is for a long time. Now I found out that my grandfather doesn’t like dark skinned  people but I really want to meet him. My mom and my sisters are light skinned and I’m the only dark one. I’m scared he’s going to bully me more or do something really bad. My mom stresses it to me all the time that he hates dark skinned people.

Should I try to meet him even though he’s not going to like me?

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Skin is skin be happy in whatever colour and race you are, if others dont accept you its there lose. I know he is family But you dont need that negativity. He should accept you for who you are not what you look like, on that note your stunning. If he wants to be part of your life he will come around

Hope this helps xxx

• Posted

Hi I am wondering why your mother keeps tell you that?  Could she have a hidden agenda?  Maybe she is jealous of you wanting to meet him?  I would meet him anyway if you want to but be prepared for his reactions.  At the end of the day if he is shallow enough to judge you by the colour of your skin then do you want to get to know him anyway?  x
    • Posted

My mom is more of a red he doesn’t really talk to her and he has 20 other grandchildren so it’s not like he’s going to be so worried about how I feel.
  • Posted

Child anyone who doesn't like another person because of the color of their skin isn't worth knowing. That person's heart is even darker than his mind. But grandchildren have a way of changing people, so be positive. Life is what you make out of it and please don't waste your time on someone else hangup.

• Posted

Hi Tyte - Go and meet him. If he is racist, he'll show you that. Go into it without expectation, just let it roll as it will. If Grandfather doesn't want to know you because of something so shallow as the colour of your skin (it diminishes him NOT you), then you can mark that chore off the list, draw a line under it, and concentrate on what you are rather than what someone else thinks you are not. Another thing - it doesn't matter what you do in life, who you are, how you project, someone will disagree. Xenophobia and separation of the tribes are part of the human psyche, and many use skin colour to justify that discrimination, but the soul encourages us to think beyond that and realise we are all One.

• Posted

Maybe by meeting him you can change his attitude about something so ridiculous as judging by the color of someone's skin.  You look beautiful on your profile pic and obviously dark skinned but if your grandfather is of African decent, that blows my mind.  You did not say if he was white or other.  Still, it's small minded and ignorance to judge someone by their outward appearance.  Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.