My hair falls out due to a constant state of being nervous

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey guys,

no one in my family has shedding/male pattern baldness.

It is clear as daylight that it is due to the fact that I have been living in places/under circumstances that I hate/loathe.

It looks like I have androgenetic alopecia, but that normally start on the back and then the front, right? This is a constant/even thining of the crown.

I am trying to get out of this rut, but it is easier said than done. I have recently seen a dermatologist who simply asked for money and did pretty much nothing at all (got minoxidil that has pretty much made it worse IMO).

What is a solution (or partial solution) against stress-induced hairloss that occurs on crown (no patches, nothing...just hair loss that has now reached a point where the there isn't enough hair strands to cover my head properly)? I understand that getting out of the situation that makes me nervous is one option. I can't do that....thank to this covid madness. Meditation makes me more nervous (it is not for everyone).

I was offered a blood test by a lab, but it costs a fortune. I'd do it, but most of our doctors are just greedy individuals who want money and nothing else. The well-being of a patient is not a priority where I am from.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi @gabe19931 sorry to hear you're going through this. I think you should see a psychotherapist rather than a dermatologist, as you said your hair loss is due to your anxiety.

shampoos or medications may help for a while, but they won't solve any problem in long term.

• Posted

Hi

How things going now for you ?

Hope things have gotten better?

I am suffering from thinning of hair with severe stress and a noticeable dent sometimes which comes and goes, although noticing the dent spreading towards back of hair.

No pain no nothing. Getting reviewed by Derm in 2 months. Got ultrasound on head found nothing, doesnt mean its nothing. Im worried. Hope youve sorted it.

• Posted

Androgenic alopecia can start from the frontal scalp and spread toward the vertex. However, since you are suffering from anxiety, the hair loss might be its side effect. The good news however is that hair loss due to anxiety is usually reversible. And although blood tests and doctors visits cost an arm and a leg, it is better to get it done to rescind any other underlying causes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.