My hair has become very weird over the years

Posted , 1 user is following.

Okay so I have a very weird problem which barely anyone I know has gone through. When I was young I had slick straight hair which shined and moved a lot. But I don't know why the texture has changed drastically over the years. I know puberty could change hair textures but mine has become completely different. The hair strands have become 'crinkled' and 'plasticy' and very unexplainably rough when dry or when im out in the sun. The hair tangles at very short lengths and I have tried everything from oiling to taking supplements for hair upto no avail. The problem first started at the crown of my head, where the texture became coarser than the rest of my head. soon enough it spread into all of my hair. I still have good strands left mixed here and there but I think the way my hair is changing I will lose them as well. Some hairs are crinkled only at the ends and have newer straighter growth. Its really weird. Dermatologists don't believe me when I say my hair has changed, they say thats just how my natural hair is. Both my parents have slick straight hair. I could comb my hair earlier but now its just a hard mass sitting on top of my hair that looks and feels unnatural. People call it pubes and the sad thing is that it really does look like pubes. Will my hair ever return back to what it was?

For info I am an 18yo male and this problem showed up when I was like 14 or so. I had finer and smoother hair before.image

Both hairs are mine. The left one is so coarse and dry that it feels like I took it out from my crotch. Sorry for being so crass but my hair is making me sad.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.