My hair is falling out

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m about 5 months in and in the last week or so I’ve noticed that my hair is receding and thinning at a noticeable rate. Has anyone else experienced this or know of anyone that has? Will it come back? It’s stressing me out 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have hair loss, my hair was thin and now I'm going to be bald. For a woman it is a tragedy...but I have so many other scary symptoms that at this moment I don't care about it. But probably I'll need a wig haha

• Posted

This is but one of a myriad of symptoms for me also, but my hair has always been thick and coarse so it is worrying for me. I just hope for both of our sakes that it comes back! Last couple of days ive had painful lumps under my armpits, this is one bizarre virus.
    • Posted

I have painful armpits since the beginning of the symptoms. Sometimes they feel swollen but then I look in the mirror they don't look swollen. 

Feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Will,

My hair receded in my 20s and I went through a spell worrying about it too, even spending money on some treatment that didn't work!! I'm not sure if it can be related to glandular fever, but main thing is that the horrible symptoms of glandular fever made me realise that although this wasn't nice it's something that can't cause any harm and won't bother you in the longer term. I know that doesn't help at the time because it can be a terrible shock, but remember your health is most important and glandular fever does get better - that's the key thing to remember.

Pain under the armpits can be very normal, caused the glands in that region most likely - this is a common symptom and does go away - hang in there Will things will get better!

So sorry Christine you have suffered hair loss too, really hope that this settles, I know it's totally different for a man and much easier, but yes I was the same glandular fever taught me not to care about that and that if that was the only thing that was bothering me I would be so grateful!

Craig

• Posted

I lost my hair when I was 18. And I never learned the cause. Then I had tonsillectomy and after that the hairloss stopped. And I was having a good life until recently my hariloss started again. SO it could be from mono, interesting.

Take Care Craig, we need you in you in our forum to keep the spirit high.

• Posted

You seem to be everywhere Craig! Thanks for the advice, I just hope it settles down. There’s no history of hair loss in my family and my dad has a full head at 64 so maybe it will come back but who knows. 
    • Posted

Thank you Christine, your kind word mean a lot. You take care too. What a horrible experience that must have been for you to go through at 18, really hoping things can be more settled and God can give you peace in recovery- He can change things in an instant that's for sure. Just praying for His help for us all today!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks also Will, yes really hoping it settles down for you. Remember not to worry or panic, things are gonna get better I really do believe that - just take things slowly each day is a day towards recovery.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.