My hair is falling out and my ferritin level is 6. What can I do o help myself

Posted , 3 users are following.

help my hair is falling out and i have been told i am anemic. no cream, shampoo or ointment is helping my issue. has anyone got the same issue and what advice can you give.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking iron supplements?

When my ferritin was that low i took ferochel iron pills and it helped with hair growth.

• Posted

Hi SUZANNE

i take iron supplements daily but no positive outcome .

• Posted

You might need more. I would check with a doc. Maybe some iron infusions will help. I have alopecia, and when i started taking daily iron (with orange juice) I started seeing hair regrowth, but it took a few months. But be warned, not sure how old you are, but I stopped taking iron because it made my cholesterol shoot up. All the hair fell out again.

There is a liquid food based iron you can get at healthfood stores, and try eating more iron rich foods.

You may also want to explore other reasons for low iron, are you heavily menstruating? Have had a colonoscopy?

• Posted

That may be psychosomatics. I strongly recommend to check the psycho-emotional background.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.