my hands ache when doing menial tasks

Posted , 4 users are following.

lately I've had more and more intense pain in my knuckles and jobs like chopping vegetables and peelings oranges have become difficult and in some cases dangerous.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

As a country lass and used to fresh fruit and veg from the farm shops, I am ashamed to say I buy all my fruit and vegetables now chopped/cut up and FROZEN - for the same reason.  My mother would turn in her grave!😏

We have to find our own way of dealing with even the small things in life, not easy!!

Good luck.🍀🍾🍸

• Posted

I know what you are talking about. It makes me so sad. I've had bilateral arthroplasty on both thumbs & it has made a bigggg difference in pain levels. The best they could offer for my fingers is fusion which would help pain but do nothing for function. I grin & bare it & try to think of short cuts to save what's left of my hands. The whole thing is so unfair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.