Posted , 5 users are following.
Hi, i d posted some questions to this forum when ı ruptured my achille tendon 3 months ago, and this forum was helpful for who seek some advise. So i want to share my progress and advises maybe it would be helpful to someone.
I m forty year, male , ruptured my right achille tendon fully while doing some activity, exactly 11 weeks ago.
* had operation three days later
* for one month lower leg was in hard plaster
* after that ı used walker boot and started rehab
* felt no pain when rupture occured, only felt reel pain after surgery for two days. Pain went suddenly one night on its own dont know why or how, used pain killers for 2 days only.
* pain came after when mobilization started, nearly 6 weeks later after op, but not at tendon side but for each week i had different pain areas, especially around ankle, toe finger, outside of foot. Area of pain was changing each 3or five day. interesting dont know why. pains style were like shooters..my medic prescribed a gel, it was helpful
* swelling and bruising was often, decreased after 8 weeks , still have some swelling but few only around ankle.
* once a time ı heard a slightly popping sound and tought reruptured some area of my leg for 3 days, my medic didnt take it into considieration, he was right no need to listen self voice too much, doesnt help.
* i think healing progress can be felt over periods of one week, you wont feel healing day by day, but week by week. so dont be in a rush, or dont think why you re not getting any good acc to yesterday. have a positive attıtude towards weeks
* be careful using crutches, take care of them, change crutch plastic foot if it became slippery, two or three times it slipped on hard surface and was near to make me fall.
* as far as ı know c vitamin helps to heal ligaments
* do not push limits while doing rehab exercises, be stable and do them at least three times day, when you feel pain longer then seconds stop doing exercises, pushing the limits wont heal faster, time and patience will..
* now ı can walk steady, didnt start doing any sport yet, many of my. complaints went away and it had been 11 weeks.. will start to heel lifts and more dynamic activities.
i hope a good healing process for all you guys..
1 like, 5 replies