My Health has not been the same and i am concerned

Posted , 4 users are following.

A few weeks ago, i purchased a Biotin drink from Home Bargain store and have never been the same. I do not know why i drunk it knowing full well the taste of water makes me sick. Anyways  A week previous to this i went to my doctor as my blood pressure was high ( destolic (125). I was then put on Rampil which was slow at lower the blood pressure and i suffered disturbed sleeping patterns. I was shortly then put on Ampoline in which gave me several headaches. Then i was put on Felopodine which has knocked out my appetitie completely. I cannot distinguish to whether it is Felopodine or the Biotin which has been causing the lack of appetite. I am an avert Tea drinker and no i cannot drink even a sip.

If i do , i start to feel sick. I cannot eat a lot of the foods i use to. I can no longer drink fruit punch juices. I have lost so much wait and i am concerned that my health will not come back to normal again. I am constantly sleeping and when i wake, i start to feel sick. I started having constant  nose bleeds and headaches. Can anyone advise?.. I am 48 and have also thyroid, iron anemia and b12 problems

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi charmaine06356

You need to take iron and B12 supplements ..or has your doc referred you for 3 monthly B12 injections and are you taking meds for your thyroid problems...Have you had blood tests for B12 and iron deficiency?...

• Posted

Hello Lillian. 

I am taking regular B12 injections and I have been taking iron medicines. Even smells of good now are making me sick.  I just concerned as to what is suddenly causing all this 

• Posted

Hi charmaine06356

Headaches and nose bleeds may be caused by your anemia and low red blood cell count. Also, your high blood pressure combined with anemia and low red blood cell count is contributing to headaches and nose bleeds. You need to go and see your doc and get your blood count checked again. What dose of Ramipril are you taking?...

• Posted

Stop Biotin first of all to see if you feel better. Check the patient leaflet that comes with your bloid pressure tablets or google side effects. If lack of appetite is listed, see your doctor again for a change of medication.   This will help you to estsblish whether medication is the cause.

Are you under active thyroid or over active? If you are under active, this can cause lack of appetite with weight gain along with fatgue. If you are over active, you have lots of appetite with weight loss and lots of energy.  B12 and anaemia problems also cause fatigue.

• Posted

Thank you Lillian and Pippa.

I will make an appointment  to have my blood levels checked again. The doctor did insist I have a blood pressure monitoring machine fitted for 24hrs which I do not understand the purpose as it has been established that I have high blood pressure and the machine does not pinpoint what medication is needed dispite the fact he wants to convince me it does.  I am underactive and i take medicine for it. Each day i have to make a decision whether to take the blood pressure tablet or risk eating nothing the entire day because it completely knocks out my appetite. It if awful because I am loosong so much weight at such a rapid pace . Lillian I am on Felodpoine which is 5mg and even that is too strong 

• Posted

Sounds like the blood pressure medication should be changed if it is affecting your appetite.
    • Posted

Hi charmaine06356

Felodpine is a calcium channel blocker which is used for high blood pressure..some of it's side effects are nausea and low blood pressure that can also cause headaches and nose bleeds....you need to see your doc and change the BP meds...are you taking Ramipiril aswell??

• Posted

Hi charmaine06356

Sorry meant to say Felodpine lowers blood pressure and can cause nausea... it's high blood pressure that causes headaches and nosebleeeds..are you on both Felodpine and Ramipiril for high blood pressure..i have not heard of two types of meds for blood pressure taken together.... these together may be causing your nausea and other symptoms....🤔😟

• Posted

Hi

I am taking only Felopdine and yes I will make an appointment to change it. Thanks for all your help and  I will keep you informed on the outcome 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.