My heart feels strange

Posted , 54 users are following.

Hi

I've been to my doctors numerous of times and she has told me everything is fine with my heart. I've had routine blood tests - came back clear apart from a little high protein (she told me this was nothing to worry about). I've also had a ECG done and that was fine. But I'm not convinced... My heart just feels strange all the time - I NEVER get palpitations ever. My heart seems to beat irregular or skips beats. I guess it's like a fluttering feeling in my chest. Also I sometimes have chest discomfort, which seems to go into my left arm and back. Does anyone else have these symptoms and are they anxiety related? I'm sick of worrying!

Thanks in advance x

5 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey Charlotter,

I hope your well, I am having the exact same thing EXACT. I have been to 3 heart doctors and they all said my heart is fine. Blood tests everything. My heart feels like its bouncing all over the place and I am a really healthy 18 year old. I get chest pains sometimes left arm numbness, back pains. Its driving me crazy!! I am going to see a heart doctor again this week. My heart just feels really strange like it beats some places and other times it beats different places when I put my hand on my chest ofcourse. I suffer from anxiety disorder, severe panic attacks, numbness, everything. I hope we will all be okay. I just want to let you know your not alone. 

• Posted

So glad I found this! I am feeling the exact same right now! Feel like my heart is skipping beats and then when I sit still my mind plays games and I feel dizzy! I actually feel like it is going to stop! I went to the doctors yesterday who is going to send me for blood tests to make sure everything is ok but it is so worrying! I have been like this for a while the doctor gave me tablets but ive read on the and theu are to prevent heart attack? I have taken a calms tablet you can buy them over the counter at boots or superdrug they treat mild anxiety and they actually are making me feel much better

Hope you feel better soon!!

• Posted

right now i feel the same. i feel if i drink anything cold, my heart will..you know, i dont want to talk about it. i feel dizzy and my chest feels like yours.

​i try to think about something different, but my chest feels annoying. I WANT TO BE ME AGAIN! i had a panic attack on saturday and i got a little better,but then i felt how i fel now. please reply so i feel comfortable. 

• Edited

I might as well just say 'ditto'. Over the past 2 years I've gone from a normal human being to one who is obsessed with their heart beat! My flutterings and rapid heart rate happen most days now and I thrn get chest and back pain after. I look forward to going to sleep as I know i will wake up feeling much better, until a few hours later when it all starts again. I would love to hear you've got through this to give me some hope! 
    • Posted

I know this was posted a while ago but. I could have written it. I was the same a normal human being and then 2 years ago I had an incident and haven't been the same. I have chest pains that go into my back and anxiety goes way up. I look forward to bed because nothing bothers me at night but when I wake up i am fine and when the first twinge comes I am done for the day. I want to be who I was two years ago

• Posted

Hello there, charlotte96197.

It looks like you are experiencing a bacteria infection. I can relate to this. I had the same symptons and I tried different things (throught it was some heart issues, but figured I never had those things before, - abandoned this idea; then thought it was a fungi infection and drank baking soda, - to no avail; then thought tit was a virus infection and drank oregano oil, - to no avail; then I noticed when I take anti-inflamatory drug, like ibuprofen, the symptoms go away for a while, but then come back) Thus I singled out the bacteria infection in my stomach or pancreatic gland or whatever is there in the upper digestive tract. So I took the antibiotics that I had leftover after dentist and on the third day this nightmare was gone (the thought of going to bed was dreadful, since the symptoms would appear for sure). I am still taking those antibiotics and the only thing I am concerned with is that this will come back after I stopped (I am not sure if those antibiotics are strong enough to kill bacteria completely). Another friend of mine had similar issues and the doctors made him do the special blood test and found the trace of that bacteria. So, he is fine now. Anyway, I hope you are feeling fine by now. Another thing is that all the people go to cardiologist right away with these symptoms and obviously get nothing. I did some reading and figured out that such inflammation may irritate the vagus nerve (close to stomach liner) and this nerve is supposed to briefly overcome (to slow down) the heart pulse controlling signals coming from the brain, but then the brain-controlled signals take over and irregular heart beat results. On top of this you inject adrenalin into your bloodstream when you are worried sick about these symptoms, so your heart rate accelerates. Go figure how your body has to maintain the stable heart beat when you have conflicting signals coming from all three centers of heart rate control. Thank you.

• Posted

Hello I also been experiencing a weird feeling in the center but more to the left of my chest for a few months I been to the er multiple times they said everything looks fine but still I have this feeling it scares me sometime
  • Posted

thanks so much I thought I was going to have to get some kind of treatment but this makes perfect sense thank you!

• Posted

Omg i am having the exact same thing and when i went to the hospital they said everything looked healthy. If u figure out what it is oleaseee let me know, this is bugging me
    • Posted

Hi,

I feel the exact same thing. It starts six months ago.

I feel my heart racing and pounding, skip a beat and palpitations, nausea among other things, when it happens I can't sleep at night.

I went to doctor and my heart rate is almost 110, I got a blood test and nothing's wrong.

Turns out it was anxiety symptoms and I suffered quite serious depression disorder during that time.

Try to relax and not to overthink things, I hope everything is fine with you.

• Posted

I just went to ER with this kind of symptom.  Premature ventricular contractions as someone mentioned, everyone has some, you can get more with stress and caffeine, and they sometimes get common with age, but aren't in and of themselves dangerous at all.  The cardiologist had them himself and was nonplussed about it.   They referred me to my doctor mainly because my BP is high.   You feel them more when you're lying down or relaxing, because they happen more with a slower heart .rate.   Can be a sign of thickening hearrt from BP, but not necessarily or even likely.   Most of my ekg looked completely normal though, only caught them by sitting in ER an hour.   I could actually feel it and see them, kind of validating.  Also dehydration makes them worse--I was out in extreme heat today.   Go to ER, it's worth it.   Already I've decided to make peace with this weird heart sensation, if it doesn't hurt me, no big deal.  

• Posted

I experienced the same thing.. i started having random panic attacks and it just got worse and worse. My heart would flutter and at one point I couldn't go into a store with crowds afraid a panic would happen and I'd pass out or die..I went to the doctor a was given a clean bill of health so I figured it was in my head and brought on my the fact I was about to have a child. Well I started running and eating healthy and I admit the first run I did since I had panic attacks I was scared my heart wouldn't handle it. But it did and the next run I pushed a little harder and I was fine. Slowly I felt better and I would forget crowds used to bother me. I'm almost back to normal. Every once in a while if I'm in a big crowd I'll remember I used to get an attack at that moment but I calm myself down and tell myself I'm ok.. Im still afraid of flying the thought of being stuck on a plane with no way out terrifies me but I will beat it.. and you can too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.