My heart keeps stopping

Posted , 4 users are following.

10 pm last week when walking in kitchen , felt a really strong thund in middle of my chest,

at 11/30pm I had tight heavy feeling in the same area lasting for 2 seconds,

At the time I was checking my pulse on an oximeter as it felt fast, When it happend I seen the lines on it Go flat for 2 seconds before it registerd a heart beat and normal up and down lines So I know for sure my heart stopped for 2 seconds that time.

At 4 am and 4:24 AM in the morning it happend again but this time it was shortner less than a second

I have had episodes like this for past year but last nigts felt the worse and lasted the longest,

Im scared that next time this happens my heart wont re start it self.

Ive been A and E many times in past for chest pain and had ecgs and normal

I believe there could be a serious underlying condetion causing this to happen which isnt being picked up on

Cause your heart stoppimg for a few seconds is not normal.

It happens every day multiple times, it makes me jump almost the feeling when it happens is horrible It almost feels like my

heart gets blocked and then unblocks it self.

I have had episdoes of this for past few years but only use to have every few weeks or even months apart and thought nothing of it,

Its only recently its been every day and getting worse.

I feal so weak and ill like my body is giving up on me, last few nights ive been going to bed thinking im gonn die in my sleep

i HAVE been in my bed 20 hours of the day sleeping for most of it, waking up ever 20 mins with both hands dead.

I am also 26 yo who is 26 stone, Which scares me that I have plaque filled artiers in my heart which is causing all this and the blood

can not pump normally. I am so scared no matter which GP or a and e I go to they never seem to care or beleive me, and say im to youngfor anything serious ect.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Jamie

Lets be frank, you are very overweight. Have your doctors told you this and advised you to go on a diet? If they haven't they have been remiss.

Hopefully your heart has not suffered permanent damage at your age-although only the doctors/ECG etccan confirm this- but the longer you leave remedial action the more likely it is that damage will be done.

Are you eating junk food and drinking too many energy drinks etc?

I can't know your lifestyle but you need to revaluate where you are heading and a serious talk to your doctor asking for more heart checks on the understanding that you intend to move to a healthier lifestyle should be a big priority.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.