My HIDA results !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well !! this is my HIDA results......

on the dynamic imaging the biliary tree comes into view by 12 mins. and the Gall Bladder is identified at 12 mins. this continues to concentrate tracer throughout the dynamic timecourse of the study. Post fatty meal gall bladder drainage seen to occur.

Gall Bladder fraction at 1 hour: 58%

Gall Bladder ejection fraction at 2 hrs: 82%

Conclusion: Normal Gall Bladder tracer concentratation and drainage post fatty meal.

So my doctor told me that my GB is acting as it should be !!!

It's a weird feeling because part of me wanted it to be stones to explain the pain i get.

Now im back to square 1, because what the heck can it be?? im half happy , half sad that I dont know what it is STILL !!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

oh also ,,,,, i forgot this bit.

Reason for exam 

recurrent RUQ pain radiating to shoulder; no stones on US scan but? gallbladder dysmotility.

• Posted

Kim,

So how did he say he was going to treat it?. Now is a scan the same as a MRI? I know I had an ultrasound scan and it came back clear, my blood test came back clear, then finally after 5 weeks, they did a MRI, which showed the stones.

But I think yours is good news, I guess? just have to find out what the pain is, maybe ulcer? But gallbladder dysmotility sounds like it's not working right? So what did he say is the next step?

Gail

wow, I just googled HIDA scan, seemed pretty advanced. Do we have them in the States?  Seems pretty thorough.

• Posted

Yeah you have them over there. It's specifically for the gb. So if there was nothing to see I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have missed anything. It still doesn't answer my question on what it is though. I gave a sample today to check for h pylori. After that who knows ?
  • Posted

My daughters Hida scan came back normal too; however, they still took it out. Found an infection on the outside of it. Said it could have been treated with antibiotics but the infection never showed up on any test. Have they tried an antibiotics on you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.