My Homemade Toothpaste

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm having fun making my home brews....Here is my toothpaste receipe:

I use a 4 ounce jar and in that jar I start with 2-3 good size dollops of coconut oil and I use organic cold pressed.

To that CO, I had a couple teaspoons of MSM powder (optional).

Some times I add a heaping teaspooon of Diatameous Earth (optional)

Then 5-6 drops of clove oil.

And often a few drops of Myrrh Extract.

Mix it all together and brush away. Leaves teeth and mouth very fresh and clean.

In the hot summer weather, CO often melts so I put in refrig for a while to gel again. We've had horrible heat and I did this a lot....but now cooler so the CO does not melt. J

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

WoW Joy !!!

Thank you so much...brilliant. Just the thing. Thanks again.

Love Marey xxxxxxx

• Posted

One could also add a bit of baking soda to their brew...experiment...some times I open a capsule of grape seed extract and add it to the mix....

I just rubbed some CO on my knee, do this when I think of it....I use CO for many reasons.

• Posted

sounds like fun , i buy my herbal floride free toothpaste and that along with a homeopathic remedie taht i take has stopped my bleeding gums which iv had since 1997 .
    • Posted

There is flavourless toothpaste to use when taking homeopathic  remedies.

Regular use of coffee (including decaffeinated) and mint products (like mint tea, mint toothpaste and mouthwash) will decrease your body’s response to a remedy by about 75%. 

• Posted

A toothpaste that we SHOULD be swallowing.  I don't know how many times I've told the garndchildren not to swallow Gramdma's toothpaste as its for adults not the kids stuff.
  • Posted

My father sometimes used salt to clean his teeth other times soot from the chimney.
    • Posted

thank you for that derek! most informative !!
    • Posted

Soot! Most interesting!

It reminds me of the days (still in the outback) when we didn't have any cleaning supplies at all and used wood ash to clean pots and the shower walls. 

Probably similar to your soot, in that's it's the result of burnt material, so antiseptic, as well as being abrasive.

The wood ash worked like a dream, and they still use it in rural India.

• Posted

yes they do...I was there and we did so. Used wood ash as an initial abrasive wipe for the washing up.

anti septic or increasing of the group biome...so not so harsh ...whereby friendly bacterial organisms are encouraged for all the support they offer beyond the gut  ...in our home surroundings.

• Posted

I'd have thought bicobonate of soda was pretty crucial... it has the abrasive quality a toothpaste needs.

And how about a drop of hydrogen peroxide? Or is that a no-no?

In my days in the outback when we couldn't buy toothaste, BS with a drop of HP and a hint of mint oil did the trick!

• Posted

I keep a bottle of HP in my bathroom and use it often as a rinse....
    • Posted

Haha! Took me a while, but I got it!
    • Posted

I knew that you would ketchup eventually!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.