My husband has bladder stones and he passes them frequently causing pain and burning. What can he do

Posted , 2 users are following.

They found a tumor in his bladder and said it was cancer.  He is awaiting surgery.  He is having terrible burning and pain as the stones the tumor created, pass.  So he is pain before and after urinating.  Is there any thing he can to?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Make sure your husband keeps up with the painkillers. If they don't work, ask his doctor for something stronger. He should take them regularly rather than wait for the pain to begin so that he stays on top of the pain and doesn't give it chance to get a hold on him again.

The tumour might be readily remove-able trans-urethrally. I had one myself 7 yrs ago. They are sometimes called bladder polyps. The seriousness of them depends on how long they have been there and how deep they go.

Keep reassuring him.

Hope it all goes well for him.

• Posted

Thank you for the advise.  I wish the doc would have given him something for the pain.  The tumor is cancer and his surgery is in 3 days, the longest 3 days of our lives.  He is passing stones every day.  They just told him to drink a lot of water.  I might send the doc an email requesting something for pain now, as your information helped me to realize that it is possible.  

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.