My husband has dementia and has been prescribed Quetamiene 25 mb

Posted , 2 users are following.

I took him to hospital after having 36 hours of hallucinations and the psychiatrist prescribed Quetamine 25 mg. 

he has been sleeping since last night at 11pm and although I have managed to give him a snack and a couple of drinks I cannot give him his antibiotic because he won't wake up. He has a urine infection. Should I stop the Quetamine until he had completed the course of antibiotics 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You can break the 25mg in half and give him 12.5 mg and it will still work, it will get him to sleep but won’t be so strong like the 25 mg and keep him drowsy into the next day 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.