My IBS is really the main problem now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've posted here once already quite some time ago when depression was almost ruling my life, but know my IBS is the main problem. It seems that no matter what I eat, no matter what I do or how I feel, I still get either constipation in the mornings or diarrhoea. Rarely does it happen later in the day but it has been known to happen. And when its not one of those two problems, its stomach aches and cramps. I'm at a loss and got no clue how I'm supposed to keep living life with this constant pain every morning which sometimes doesn't get better as the day goes on. So, if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated smile 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There is a very good medication called Alverine, you take one 60mg capsule one to three times a day for IBS.

I get it on prescription, but you can get it from a pharmacy without out prescription.

• Posted

My doctor did prescribe me something for it called Mebeverine, not sure if it really helps but hasnt so far 
    • Posted

I started with this some time ago.  Eventually dr said it had morphed into depression and put me on anti deps which was supposed to help.  Its been hell.  The meds carry all sorts of side efects so be careful about that.  I still have the ibs and like you mebeverine did not help.  I can use imodium if the diarhoea spikes but then i get nausea too.   All too intertwined and i think drs are at a loss.  Only next step is colonoscopy which dr says is probably best left alone just now as it may make me more anxious just thinking about it.  

I can only suggest light diet, no caffeine or alcohol, relaxation and give it time before rushing into tests, IBS is really only conclusion of symptoms no real tests for it

• Posted

I have heard drinking Cranberry juice really helps with the bad bacteria in the gut.  I wonder too if natural live yoghurt would help as well?  This certainly helps with a bad stomach when taking ab's so it might help IBS.

• Posted

I used to spend a long on the toilet before I went out anywhere, my IBS was made much worse by anxiety.

If I was out somewhere and I knew there wasn't a toilet, would get a lot of pain in my intestines and I used to worry about messing myself.

So I started to avoid going out, especially in a public place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.