my implant side affects

Posted , 1 user is following.

:D ive had the implant in for two years.since then ive had irregular bleeding,infact,it has mainly been constant,bleeding for about 2 or 3 weeks every month.i have also ballooned from a size 10/12 to 16/18. i feel bloated constantly.i have an appointment this week to have it removed.up untill recently i never realised it was the implant that was causing this.it wasnt untill a spoke to friend who had recently had it removed and within weeks the weight had fell off her and the bloated feeling had gone.i wouldnt recommend the implant to anyone.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

tht sounds really bad :x cnt believe it does tht i have an appointment in 2 weeks aswell to have one put in. i take it i nt be having tht done no way. does it or cn it make u infertile?
  • Posted

:roll: I've had the implant for just over a month now, i have had 2 periods since and they've lastest between 2 and a half- 3 weeks. I also feel constently bloted x its horrible, it alo make me feel less hugry so i only have 1 proper meal a day or i end up feeling really really sick! i cannot have it remove for another 2 years, but i cannot go on feeling like this. :cry:
  • Posted

Hi i have my implant in since May this year and everything was ok until about a month ago i had a proper bleed then a week later i had a dischage that lasted for 2 weeks and also am having pain around the area of my implant has anyone else experienced pain i'm thinking of having tha implant removed and going back on the combined pill.
  • Posted

hey i hav had the implent in for 2 n half years now, its been great up in till now, i am constatly on ma perioud, im on for like 3 weeks then come off for a few days then come on and then off, thinking of havin it removed but dont want a baby now lol hate the pill as always 4getiin and dnt like how rubbish condoms are, my bf wants a baby but i dont, so i dunno wot 2 do, but its ruiing our sex life coz im always on ma perioud lol i dunno wot 2 do lol xx
  • Posted

i have had the implant for over a year now and it has to be one of the worst decisions i made! I constantly feel hungry as the hormone in it increases your appetite and i have went from a size 10/12 to a 16/18 in one year!! I have an appointment to get it removed in 2 weeks .. so hopefully things improve when i get it out.

And as for the doctors sayin \"there is no evidence that implanon puts weight on people\" - that is a complete load of rubbish! obviously if the majority of women are coming back and sayin my weight has ballooned in a short period of time then i think somethings going on!!

it may bot \"add\" any weight to you but it certianly increases your appetite ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.